Chris Cornells new CD and the Borgata show

offaroundthebendoffaroundthebend Posts: 107
edited June 2007 in Other Music
any word on this non-confirmed borgata show on 7-27-07 at the borgata??

i really like the new cd by the way...def. took a few times to get use to...but now i like it
Its My BLOOOOOOOOOOOD!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• piaget77piaget77 Posts: 156
    It's definitely confirmed. It's listed as a date on his website.
  • any word on this non-confirmed borgata show on 7-27-07 at the borgata??

i really like the new cd by the way...def. took a few times to get use to...but now i like it

what is the record like?
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • its very original....at first honestly i didnt really like it...alot of songs have kinda weird hooks in them that take some time to really sink in....when they do they became alot more um catchy...i started to really like alot of the songs...about 3 of them, i admit i dont really care for....but some his voice really shines thru...track 12 and 13 are amazing,

overall i was a little dissapointed, but now i cant stop listening
    Its My BLOOOOOOOOOOOD!
  • its very original....at first honestly i didnt really like it...alot of songs have kinda weird hooks in them that take some time to really sink in....when they do they became alot more um catchy...i started to really like alot of the songs...about 3 of them, i admit i dont really care for....but some his voice really shines thru...track 12 and 13 are amazing,

overall i was a little dissapointed, but now i cant stop listening

Well I've had the cd for a few days now and I'm really digging it. At first, I didn't think it was that special either except for a few gems, but I'm pleasently surprised that I'm really enjoying all most all of the album now. 12 and 13 sound good but I haven't connected with them yet simply because they are on the end of the album.

My favorite two are definately "arms around your love" and "safe and sound".

Close to those are "finally forever" (his melody bothered me at first, but now I really like it)
    "she'll never be your man" (which sounds like someone who's bitter because their ex has turned lesbian - lol),
    "ghosts",
    "killing birds",
    "scar on the sky" (which will probably become a favorite in the Cornell catolog for me, becomes more beautiful to me everyday. What threw me off about this one at first was that its better live with just Cornell on the acoustic)

"billie jean" is pretty good too.
    "no such thing" is decent
    "your soul today" is by far the most poppy thing I've heard from Cornell. Kinda makes me laugh and think: "I - I - I know what to do, I'm gonna fuck, fuck, fuck you"

"poison eye" is my least favorite. It could be a good song, despite sounding disorganized. His melody is good and catchy, but I just can't stand the percussive guitars in the chorus.

"you know my name" seems out of place. IMO it doesn't fit in at all with the rest of the album.

Overall, I really like this album. I look forward to many Cornell solo albums, I think they'll all be good. Don't know if they will all be as good as Euphoria Morning, but I'm sure it will be a huge catolog of great music. Like Neil Young and David Bowie has.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Definitely agree with everything posted here. I was taken back by Carry On at first. Usually Cornell hits me in an instant. It's always been like this instant obsession. That didn't happen with Carry On. I was oddly turned off by quite a few songs at first and honestly..it didn't feel right. That has NEVER happened to me before with this man! It felt against the law!!! LOL! With each listen though it DID finally start to sink in. The album is most definitely a grower in my opinion. It gets better and better with each listen and I'm actually really appreciating the journey of getting to that place where it finally "makes sense". There's a ton of super catchy stuff on here. It's fun. It's different. At first I wasn't sure if it was a different that worked... but now I'm certain that it most definitely is.

I also agree that there are still a few songs I'm not too crazy about. But whatevs. I can name a few PJ songs I'm not too crazy about. :p It happens. Point is to focus on the good...an I'm glad I finally found it. I'm really loving Carry On....now. :)
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    I totally agree with you. I too was like wait, WTF???? Some of the chord progressions were odd but yes, once familiar to the ear, it's just incredible........ie: Ghosts, Poison Eye, Scar on the Sky......the one that DID hit me, dead center forehead upon first listen was Dissapearing Act. The lyrics are clever yet simple, the chorus swells and his layering his own vocal harmonies just sounds better to my ears than singing with someone else. I've also grown fond of She's Never gonna Be your Man....... ;)

.....Lyd, we are gonna have SUCH a good show on the 10th!!! Just found out our friend Angela from Portland will fly down to be with us too...........

oh yeah......
  • I'm still getting over the fact that it's not quite Euphoria Morning II...
    Dublin - August 23rd 2006
    Wembley - June 18th 2007
    Hopefully many more to come...
  • wow good news..i guess since u guys agree im dont feel like im convincing myself to like it...i actually really like it now

have any of you guys heard the 2 songs that made the europe edition? one is called "the roads we choose" its fucking amazing....i cant believe he left it off the cd...same way he fucked up by not putting sunshower on euphoria morning...

google the roads we choose and you will find where to buy it
    Its My BLOOOOOOOOOOOD!
  • "scar on the sky" (which will probably become a favorite in the Cornell catolog for me, becomes more beautiful to me everyday. What threw me off about this one at first was that its better live with just Cornell on the acoustic)

"your soul today" is by far the most poppy thing I've heard from Cornell. Kinda makes me laugh and think: "I - I - I know what to do, I'm gonna fuck, fuck, fuck you"

"poison eye" is my least favorite. It could be a good song, despite sounding disorganized. His melody is good and catchy, but I just can't stand the percussive guitars in the chorus.

i agree with these statements.

I'm still getting over the fact that it's not quite Euphoria Morning II...

yeah... we all saw it coming and yet none of us were prepared for it. i still really like it, though...
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    i still dont know exactly how i feel about it. there are definite high points in my mind-ghosts, your soul today-but there are some songs where, as soon as i feel like theyre actually growing on me, i listen to them again and dont really like them. hell its still new cornell and its still enjoyable and its still not the worst of his career so taking that all into account and i cant exactly be upset.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • im telling u guys...find the b-side from the cd names...the roads we choose...you can find it on the europe version of carry on
    Its My BLOOOOOOOOOOOD!
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    "she'll never be your man" (which sounds like someone who's bitter because their ex has turned lesbian - lol),

That is, actually, what it is about. He said on his interview with Howard Stern this week that he had a couple of friends whom thathas happened to and that is what it is about.
  • Well I've had the cd for a few days now and I'm really digging it. At first, I didn't think it was that special either except for a few gems, but I'm pleasently surprised that I'm really enjoying all most all of the album now. 12 and 13 sound good but I haven't connected with them yet simply because they are on the end of the album.

My favorite two are definately "arms around your love" and "safe and sound".

Close to those are "finally forever" (his melody bothered me at first, but now I really like it)
    "ghosts",
    "killing birds",
    "scar on the sky" (which will probably become a favorite in the Cornell catolog for me, becomes more beautiful to me everyday. What threw me off about this one at first was that its better live with just Cornell on the acoustic)

"billie jean" is pretty good too.
    "no such thing" is decent

"you know my name" seems out of place. IMO it doesn't fit in at all with the rest of the album.

Overall, I really like this album. I look forward to many Cornell solo albums, I think they'll all be good. Don't know if they will all be as good as Euphoria Morning, but I'm sure it will be a huge catolog of great music. Like Neil Young and David Bowie has.

I agree it does take a few listens to let it sink in. I do love some songs more than others. Over all it's pretty good.

But you are definitely on target about "Scar on the Sky". It sounds better with only Chris on acoustic.

LMAO. Now I'll have that stuck in my head every time I hear "Your Soul Today". hehehe This is the cleaner version.
  • That is, actually, what it is about. He said on his interview with Howard Stern this week that he had a couple of friends whom thathas happened to and that is what it is about.

Well that seems kinda..... strange. I mean obviously thats what its about, but.....

Anyway, I am getting even more into this album. Now Scar on the Sky and Finally Forever have definately moves up for me and Ghosts, Dissappearing Act, and jealous, bitter one (lol) She Will Never Be Your Man are right there too. Two people close to me really think that Carry On is an excellent cd. They aren't that familiar with the Cornell catolog, so their opinions aren't affected by his previous work. That speaks volumes I think.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown