Options

shut out of massey!

gibbitsgibbits Posts: 500
edited July 2008 in The Porch
well after being shut out of both 10c sales, edge presale, and general public - i guess i'm fucked. ticketmaster has their ticketsnow broker but a single ticket for a far seat is 320 bucks. have fun guys!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    the_donthe_don Posts: 512
    they'll release more the day before/day of the show.
    2000: Montreal 2003: Toronto 2005: Toronto 2006: Toronto x2 2008: MSG x2, Montreal x2 (EV), Toronto x2 (EV) 2009: Toronto 2010: Buffalo 2011: Detroit (EV), PJ20 x2, Montreal, Toronto x2, Ottawa, Hamilton 2013: London, Buffalo, Brooklyn x2, Philly x2 2014: Detroit 2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x2, Fenway x2 2018: Home Shows x2 2020: L.A. x2, Oakland x2 
    2023: Seattle x2 (EV) 2024: Vancouver x2, Seattle x2 (ISO: 1 N1 Seattle GA)
  • Options
    FatalFatal Posts: 821
    I got EXCELLENT (12 rows back) tickets for Vancouver Night 2 through ticketmaster just 2-3 days before the show.

My advise...keep checking in every day. It's probably a bit of a longshot, but tickets will still pop up between now and the time of the show.
    Shows: Montreal 98, Barrie 98, Montreal 00, Montreal 03, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Toronto 06, Vancouver Night 1 08 (EV), Vancouver Night 2 08 (EV), MSG1 08, MSG2 08, Montreal Night 2 08 (EV), Toronto Night 1 08 (EV), Toronto 09, Hartford 11 (EV), Ottawa 11, Ottawa 16, Ottawa 22.

• Options
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    no luck with massey hall website

no luck with ticketmaster

all sold out???
  • Options
    Pats54Pats54 Posts: 276
    gibbits wrote:
    well after being shut out of both 10c sales, edge presale, and general public - i guess i'm fucked. ticketmaster has their ticketsnow broker but a single ticket for a far seat is 320 bucks. have fun guys!
    Nice how TM unloads them to their own broker what a joke.
  • Options
    pjten77pjten77 Posts: 225
    BUT TicketsNow can help us....WTF....blood boiling........I guess the fanclub/PJ Fans needs to start our own scalping business so we have a chance
    Toronto-96/Barrie-98/Pittsburgh-00/Toronto-00/Buffalo-03/Toronto-03/Kitchener-05/Toronto-05/Hamilton-05/Toronto I-06/Toronto 2-06/E.V. Toronto- 08/ Toronto- 09/Buffalo-10/Hamilton- 11/ London- 13/ Buffalo- 13/Detroit- 14/Ottawa-16/Toronto II-16/Fenway I & II- 16
  • Options
    arielariel Posts: 191
    I may have some extra tix - just picked up a single through TM and a pair through Massey - my hands are still shaking!!

Not sure if I'll use the single or pair - when I know you guys can have at them :)

haha - I had to correct 5 typos my hands are so bad....omg
    Creating walls to call your own
    So no one catches you?
  • Options
    any extras for nite #2 ??

please help !!!
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    me too :(

PLEASE WAIT FOR THE SERVER TO BECOME AVAILABLE.
    THE SITE IS EXPERIENCING HEAVY LOADS AT THIS TIME.

To improve your ticket-buying experience and to make it as pleasant as possible, this site permits entry to a limited number of patrons at a time.

This page will refresh when the countdown timer below reaches zero. When this happens, the system will automatically try to access the site again.

If this page refreshes too many times, you may want to try again later.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    Keep checking the pit, everyone. There are good people all over this place. Also, just doing what I can here - going to craigslist every few hours to try and flag the Eddie Vedder tickets being sold above face value, which, thankfully, is not allowed on craigslist. Help support tickets going into the hands of true fans at reasonable prices! Good luck, everyone :)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    I tried for all 3 (10C, edge presale, TM) and was shut out too. The only thing I was able to pull up today was gallery obstructed view seating and I wasn't spending over $90 for that!

I still can't believe Eddie Vedder's tickets are this expensive. What happened to the guy who wanted to keep ticket prices low because he remembered what it was like to not be able to afford to go see his favorite band?
  • Options
    BetterVedderBetterVedder Posts: 145
    Its all ridiculous. No one had any chance to begin with. This Ticket Now thing is the biggest scam I've ever seen. How is that not illegal. Scalping is illegal. Scalping is defined as selling a ticket for more then face value and TicketBastard sets up a scalping site directly partnered with their own site. They reserve tickets for them. Sure you can go if you want to spend 300 bucks to sit in the gallery. What a joke.
    "I don't wanna go, from Toronto!!!" - EV '06
  • Options
    both shows sold out in less than 15mins...

dammit!
  • Options
    polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    i also know for a fact thru someone i know that demand for ev tickets amongst massey hall staff, industry types and other inside job contacts is extremely high ...
  • Options
    SatelliteSatellite Posts: 64
    This is strange. I tried getting tix thru Massey Hall's website and had no trouble. Got row H and row O singles for both nights respectively. Then went in again to see how quickly they sell out and pulled row M, then row B for the gallery and so on.
  • Options
    I just heard on the Edge 102.1 that Massey Hall usually releases blocks of tickets an hour before there shows so there is still hope!
    looking up...wondering if there is anything that you cannot do....