WoW!

frankdahmerfrankdahmer Posts: 21
edited February 2008 in Other Music
Metallica- Some of there music is not that bad, but as a band and a part of the music industry in general....They are not cool at all. I really wish that they would get bumped from The Roo....so that we would have to deal with there fans or that bitching and crying about everything.

It just sucks that they are even playing with Pearl Jam, because I really consider them the biggest sell outs in the history of Rock and Roll.
You can turn your back on a person, but, never turn your back on a drug. Especially when it's waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye.

Raoul Duke
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Lars killed Napster!
  • SwanSwan Posts: 350
    WoW! is right.
    I'm the only Hell Mama ever raised.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    no too mention they have the worst singer ever

Ive never understood what people liked about metallica
  • Get_Right wrote:
    no too mention they have the worst singer ever

Ive never understood what people liked about metallica

Come take some Jeager shots with me.

Then you'll understand Metallica.

Seriously though, old school Metallica is something you can't fuck with. That shit is classic.
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    Lars killed Napster!

yea he did!! :eek:
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Metallica- Some of there music is not that bad, but as a band and a part of the music industry in general....They are not cool at all. I really wish that they would get bumped from The Roo....so that we would have to deal with there fans or that bitching and crying about everything.

It just sucks that they are even playing with Pearl Jam, because I really consider them the biggest sell outs in the history of Rock and Roll.
    I'm not a big Metallica fan, but the fact that they're on the lineup for Bonnarroo speaks for itself as far as what people in the industry think of them. They're one of the greatest performing bands in the last 30 years or so, and I really don't see how they've sold out. I don't recall any of their songs showing up in car commercials like Zeppelin. I don't recall them advertising their cds on tv commercials like Pearl Jam did with Yield. I don't consider these bands sell-outs either, but they've done things that could place them on such a list. Every band playing a corporate-sponsored gig who's on a major label could be considered a "sell-out". It's a silly term that means nothing to anyone who really just loves music.

"All you know about me is what I've sold ya. I sold out long before you ever even heard my name. I sold my soul to make a record, dipshit. And then you bought one."
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    Come take some Jeager shots with me.

Then you'll understand Metallica.

Seriously though, old school Metallica is something you can't fuck with. That shit is classic.

I dig the jaeger, but never got metallica

I guess the old school stuff is better musically, and Kirk is a great guitarist, but once hetfield starts barking, its hurts my ears
  • Saturnal wrote:
    I'm not a big Metallica fan, but the fact that they're on the lineup for Bonnarroo speaks for itself as far as what people in the industry think of them. They're one of the greatest performing bands in the last 30 years or so, and I really don't see how they've sold out. I don't recall any of their songs showing up in car commercials like Zeppelin. I don't recall them advertising their cds on tv commercials like Pearl Jam did with Yield. I don't consider these bands sell-outs either, but they've done things that could place them on such a list. Every band playing a corporate-sponsored gig who's on a major label could be considered a "sell-out". It's a silly term that means nothing to anyone who really just loves music.

"All you know about me is what I've sold ya. I sold out long before you ever even heard my name. I sold my soul to make a record, dipshit. And then you bought one."

I consider a sell out a greedy mother fucker. I consider the a shit band that at one time had over 100 lawsuits pending, including a lawsuit against a small buisness that had the same name as the band but had nothing else in common. I consider making a documentary about your own band and having the members attend therapy...liking a fucking reality tv show selling out....oh yeah and then releasing it to the theatres to make another million that they dont need.

I consider selling out...Having the world by the balls, being one of the greatest rock bands of all time, havining millions of dollars and millions of fans and then blowing it all because you cant stop bitching.
    You can turn your back on a person, but, never turn your back on a drug. Especially when it's waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye.

Raoul Duke
  • I consider selling out...Having the world by the balls, being one of the greatest rock bands of all time, havining millions of dollars and millions of fans and then blowing it all because you cant stop bitching.

Doesn't that pretty much describe how everyone else in the world sees Pearl Jam?
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • I consider a sell out a greedy mother fucker. I consider the a shit band that at one time had over 100 lawsuits pending, including a lawsuit against a small buisness that had the same name as the band but had nothing else in common. I consider making a documentary about your own band and having the members attend therapy...liking a fucking reality tv show selling out....oh yeah and then releasing it to the theatres to make another million that they dont need.

I consider selling out...Having the world by the balls, being one of the greatest rock bands of all time, havining millions of dollars and millions of fans and then blowing it all because you cant stop bitching.
    Right...and none of this means anything with respect to a band playing a corporate-sponsored festival. If this was Anti-Greedfest '08, then what you're saying might have some relevance.
  • Metallica came across as such a bunch of dumbasses on Some Kind of Monster.....just brainless hicks with too much money and absolutely nothing to say.....

I will concede musically some of their early work is good, but to be honest they havent made a truly great record since 1991.....thats 17 years ago.....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    i thought this was going to be a World of Warcraft thread=p
  • lephty wrote:
    i thought this was going to be a World of Warcraft thread=p

i just spent 20 minutes waiting for someone else to say it first so i didn't have to sound like the only computer dork. haha
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • Listen to Orion, Blackened and Fade to Black.

If those songs don't amaze you musically and lyrically (the last two) then you will never get Metallica.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Some one else posted that Metallica have not done anything decent since 1991 and i agree with that. Hetfield was easily one of the best riff writers of the 80's and their music back then reflected that. Their last decade has been nothing more than meh. Does nothing for me.
    There's also so much negativity on the pit lately directed towards metallica and their fans and i just don't get it. Why does everyone care so much? You either like them or you don't. If you don't wanna watch them at Roo then don't.

I'm hoping that they will play only old school stuff and they will go off. Probably wishful thinking though.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    I have a hard time even listening to their old stuff anymore just because all I can think about is how big of bitches they all are. They should have already retired because they are not worthy of making music anymore.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I will never get metallica than.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    Pj_Gurl wrote:

I'm hoping that they will play only old school stuff and they will go off. Probably wishful thinking though.

They play mainly early stuff live these days, especially at festivals where they try and blow every other band off the stage. I'm surprised they are at Bonnaroo but I'm sure it will be a good show.
  • I will not listen toMetallica's set at all, but what do I do when I am surrounded by retards with Slayer Shirts, blasting master of puppets on repeat everynight when you are campinf.

Raoul Duke