Particle

likepilateihaveadoglikepilateihaveadog Posts: 1,083
edited September 2006 in Other Music
Seein these guys Thursday in Lancaster.
Anyone else seen them live before?

Heard good things.
:D

Expecting a huge party.
Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    Haven't seen them under the new lineup, but that will change in a couple weeks here at Lollapalooza.

They got a new live album out. I need to check it out.
  • Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Saw them a few years ago, when they did a tour under the name 'Hydra' with Mickey Hart of the Grateful Dead. Good show, but was a bit repetitive after awhile. I wasn't familiar with them at all, so I may have been biased in that I was looking for more Dead than Particle, and it was mostly Particle with a bit of Dead thrown in.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • these guys were awesome.
    played for three hours - the chameleon was empty, maybe 50 people.
    only played seven or eight songs.
    :D

good show.
    check em out.
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • Sorry perhaps some shameless promotion here, but I do design work for these guy's...soooo GO CHECK OUT OUT THEIR NEW TOUR DATES @ http://www.particlepeople.com ! These last couple shows have been INCREDIBLE - can't wait for the chicago show! There's some new stuff up on the archive too!
    | valerie |

EXPAND YOUR ELEMENT!
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    AndySlash wrote:
    Haven't seen them under the new lineup, but that will change in a couple weeks here at Lollapalooza.

For a short set (~50min) it was fucking incredible. And they broke out Radiohead's National Anthem.
  • Yep, NA is always a treat! I love what they do....they bring a unique sound to their covers -esp. the floyd tunes (and of course orignials) too. :) The new line-up, or as we call em on the breeze board - Particle 3.0 w/ Ben only - well lets just say he's holding his own VERY WELL - the lollaplooza set I saw w/ just him was amazing! If anyone is interested, I have a ton of Particle show photos(and a bunch of other bands too) on my website - so feel free to expand your element!

Was Anyone at the Bonnaroo 03 set? Now that was Stellar!
    | valerie |

EXPAND YOUR ELEMENT!
  • BTW Here's a youtube video clip from Lolla of The Elevator

The Elevator
    | valerie |

EXPAND YOUR ELEMENT!