Clint Black/Dwight Yoakam

likepilateihaveadoglikepilateihaveadog Posts: 1,083
edited June 2006 in Other Music
Anyone else seeing a show on this tour?
I got free tickets from work to the Lancaster show...

Not a fan of commerical radio country...but it's something to do on a Thursday night...
;)
Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bladworth116bladworth116 Posts: 344
    Dwight Yoakam is the shit-that's all I know. Enjoy the show
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Dwight Yoakam is the shit-that's all I know. Enjoy the show
    I agree............seen him three different times. Clint's a little too Country Radio friendly for my tastes.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    I hope DTE doesn't see this thread :D
    NERDS!
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Yeah, I'd like to see Dwight Yoakam as well. I wouldn't consider him commercial radio country.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Dwight Yoakam is the shit-that's all I know. Enjoy the show

Damn right! Dwight is awesome! I luv him. I wish I could see this show but won't be able to! :( I did see Dwight in October though! That man kicks ass!!!
    EvilClosetMonkey is my hero, he is AWESOME!!!!!!
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    isn't he that guy that was in Slingblade, and Panic Room, and Wedding Crashers?

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    brainofPJ wrote:
    isn't he that guy that was in Slingblade, and Panic Room, and Wedding Crashers?
    yes
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • wow this show rocked....

Dwight came on first...
    played about an hour.
    his lead guitarist was nasty...hollowbody tele most of the songs - great tone.
    Dwight's got a great voice, played some great songs. Will be going out to buy some of his records one of these days.
    Played little sister by Elvis, which I saw PJ do in Philly, so that was gnar.

Clint came on at 9...show was at Clipper Magazine stadium, home of the Lancaster Barnstormers baseball club...brand new - second year...but the lighting was coming down in the background his whole set.
    Had a song, i'll be a better man....kind of funny from a PJ fan's prespective...
    his song "like the rain..." something like that...was AWESOME. they all sat down, seven piece band...and stretched out the intro from the version I remember, awesome backdrop with the lightning comin in over the outfield wall

right about at 9:45, the wind blew down the drummer's sound shield, they lowered the stage roof, but two minutes later the tarp on top got ripped off by the wind, they forced us off the field and clint off the stage...bummer.

but good to see Dwight's "full" set.
    Clint wasn't bad- his band is great - his voice is jsut a little annoying.
    He had a great willie nelson story - he's Clint's idol...
    met him before Acad. of Country music awards...
    went on to the bus, said he couldn't really see anything - too much smoke "they must've burnt some toast."
    he waves his hand - "finally found willie, he offered me some...toast"
    then he said he went on stage to present and by that time "I was toast."

it was really funny. you could tell he tells it every night, the band were kind of rolling their eyes.

GA though...got right down on the field...about 15-20 feet back...great view.
  • bladworth116bladworth116 Posts: 344
    Great review & thanx for that. Check out Dwight's latest album "Blame the Vain." cheers
  • Great review & thanx for that. Check out Dwight's latest album "Blame the Vain." cheers
    I will. He played a couple off it last night.
    sounded real good.