Frank Black solo

2»

Comments

• thanks for the set. there were 2 songs i didnt know one was the third one played. i see living on soul isnt listed so that is one of the later ??.
  • 22 Raider Man
    23 Sing For Joy
    24 Six-Sixty-Six
    25 Two Reelers

This section of the show was just MIND BLOWING

add to the fact he had been playing for about an hour and a half with a story or two in between, but just kicked it up.
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • 22 Raider Man
    23 Sing For Joy
    24 Six-Sixty-Six
    25 Two Reelers

This section of the show was just MIND BLOWING

add to the fact he had been playing for about an hour and a half with a story or two in between, but just kicked it up.

6-60-6 gave me chills that was out of this world. not my favorite song from the set but easily the highlight. when he opened with kicked in the taco i knew it wasnt gonna be worth trying to guess what he was gonna play.
  • 6-60-6 gave me chills that was out of this world. not my favorite song from the set but easily the highlight. when he opened with kicked in the taco i knew it wasnt gonna be worth trying to guess what he was gonna play.

haha.
    to both, I concur.

:D
  • cant believe i forgot to mention. i was near the soundboard so after the show i talked to the guy. though it doesnt look like they are gonna release full shows they do plan on a touring comp. hope it works out.
  • 1 Kicked in the Taco
    2 I Burn Today
    3 Dead Mans Curve
    4 The Holiday Song
    5 The Swimmer
    6 Headache
    7 Cactus
    8 I'll Be Blue
    9 Song of the Shrimp
    10 I'm Not Dead (I'm in Pittsburgh)
    11 Horrible Day
    12 Los Angeles
    13 Water Song
    14 Wave of Mutilation
    15 California Bound
    16 All My Ghosts
    17 Billy Radcliffe Talked about the first boy born in space
    18 Abstract Plain
    19 Bullet
    20 Humboldt County Massacre
    21 Living on Soul
    22 Raider Man
    23 Sing For Joy
    24 Six-Sixty-Six
    25 Two Reelers
    encore
    Told a story about being very high in Lancaster when he visited with the Pixies...

26 Where Is My Mind? said his wife told him come back out after unplugging his amp to play this song because of the loud cheer for an encore
  • ordered my ticket for the world cafe in philly. he'll have a band so that should be interesting. hoping to hear more off the new one. plus more from bld, my favorite album of his.
  • rucchinrucchin Posts: 25
    Saw Frank Black last night at Southpaw in Brooklyn. What a great show...and the club was so small, frank black was 20 feet away, it was pretty surreal.
    i have a picture up, AngryCitizen.org
  • rucchin wrote:
    Saw Frank Black last night at Southpaw in Brooklyn. What a great show...and the club was so small, frank black was 20 feet away, it was pretty surreal.
    i have a picture up, AngryCitizen.org
    very nice, thanks.
    yeah, it was great to see him close up and intimate.
  • i got idi got id Posts: 867
    He was incredible when he opened for the FF...I don't own any of his CDs though....what should I start with?
  • i got id wrote:
    He was incredible when he opened for the FF...I don't own any of his CDs though....what should I start with?
    I mean, there's so much.
    Pixies are great - but I like his solo stuff.
    Honeycomb came out in 05 - has "I Burn Today" "Song of the Shrimp" some really great tracks.
  • i got idi got id Posts: 867
    I mean, there's so much.
    Pixies are great - but I like his solo stuff.
    Honeycomb came out in 05 - has "I Burn Today" "Song of the Shrimp" some really great tracks.

I have some Pixies, but wondering where to start with his solo stuff...
  • i got id wrote:
    "Teenager of the Year" is probably his most famous solo record.
    "Fast man Raider man" just came out a few months ago as well - liked the tracks he played off that live - haven't heard the record yet - double disc.

I like how the studio recordings have some electric guitar..drums...the whole nine yards but the songs are still full with just his voice and an acoustic.

fantastic songwriter.
  • i got id wrote:
    "Teenager of the Year" is probably his most famous solo record.
    "Fast man Raider man" just came out a few months ago as well - liked the tracks he played off that live - haven't heard the record yet - double disc.

I like how the studio recordings have some electric guitar..drums...the whole nine yards but the songs are still full with just his voice and an acoustic.

fantastic songwriter.