Options

Wouldn't it be cool if...

SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,355
edited November 2008 in The Porch
on the next major tour, they had a contest that let the fans design the poster for each show...the winner gets free tickets or something. The contest could just go city by city.

I don't know how realistic of an idea it is or how it would work...but I think it'd be very cool.
"Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
-my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    no
  • Options
    CardinalCardinal Posts: 479
    on the next major tour, they had a contest that let the fans design the poster for each show...the winner gets free tickets or something. The contest could just go city by city.

I don't know how realistic of an idea it is or how it would work...but I think it'd be very cool.
    Sounds like a neat idea.......however there is a large level of excitement about the artist PJ uses now and I think people would rather have the poster for the show done by one of the well recognized artists....rather than a random fan.

But its not a bad idea...
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Toronto Aug 9, 2008
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Albany NY June 9, 2009
    Pearl Jam Toronto Aug 21, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 23, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 24, 2009
    Pearl Jam Buffalo May 10, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG1 May 20, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG2 May 21, 2010
    Go Cards Go!
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    i like the idea...anything to shake it up...no offense to Ames but I'd like to see a wider variety of artists...but regardless, I'm happy because having posters for each show is a very cool bonus.
  • Options
    G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    Would lead to a bunch of ugly posters. : ( Me no likey.
  • Options
    I don't think it would necessarily lead to ugly posters if they chose the best ones. There are a lot of creative and tallented people out there.

I think that the best contest would be the one like in the last issue of deep, with a prize of having them play a small show in your home town...just a little one.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,615
    There are a lot of creative and tallented people out there.

So very true! :)
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,355
    jenmarie wrote:
    no

:)
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    Nah. I like the surprise of a new Klausen or Ames print. Not a bostonlou or Jeremy's Spoken.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736

YES. there are some really talented people up in here. you are living up to your name! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!