gutter twins live

mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
edited March 2008 in Other Music
anyone? They're playing Sled Island and I'm stoked to see them
"I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mrwalkerb wrote:

I posted in the "Saturnalia" thread a page or two back ...

I saw them in New Orleans at One Eyed Jacks with a friend ... on mushrooms ...

It was an excellent concert.

I wouldn't say "amazing", "breathtaking" or "phenomenal", but it was VERY good.

Dulli especialy REALLY impressed me.

If you are looking for a band that sounds MUCH better LIVE, go see them.

The album sounds like sissy college radio bullshit by comparison.

The vocals are so much more thick and the music cranks much more in a club ... it really is great.

And the way some of the songs flow from slow rocking melodic groove to just this near frenetic bang is one helluva ride ... especially under the influence of things that make the world go wavvy-gravy.

Dulli and Lanegan make an excellent team. Two thumbs up.
    And the bass player looks like a bad ass.
    :D:D:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    mrwalkerb wrote:

Good times. They are only coming as close as Atlanta to me and I really don't know if an 8 hour drive an overnight stay is quite worth it, as much as I do like the record.

Though I would kill to hear "Number Nine" from Blackberry Belle live... god I love that song.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.