Two Cow Garage

mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
edited November 2007 in Other Music
anyone? They're quite similar to DBT but a little more rock, a little more despair and dare I say it just as good if not...? Their 2007 album Three is all I have I guess they have an older one but it's hard to get a hold of.

"There's a TV set on a peavy amplifier/
I'm lying here watching the Outsiders/
and thanks for asking but things have never been worse"

too awesome
"I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Familiar with them yes, and like some of their stuff...

Not better than DBT. By a long shot.

But good in their own right. One of my complaints is this: the singer has a good voice, but it sounds like he forces it into strange places and it doesn't always sound right.

And more despair than DBT? Are you kidding me?

With all due respect, of course...
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    like I love DBT but the thing is Decoration Day while having staggering moments losses me sometimes, southern rock opera and dirty south are lights out amazing but even the last one while a solid record only had a few amazing songs. I can see how you can see what you said about the guys voice in tow cow garage but I think that's part of the appeal for me, they have a very DIY sound (probably due to financial constraints more than anything) and maybe that's where I get the urgency from which I called despair, I think I can just empathize more with them then the characters in DBT songs
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • I like what I've heard from them; a friend of mine is a huge fan.

We're seeing them later this month in Chicago and Milwaukee - they're touring with Glossary, Grand Champeen and the Drams, and the bill's called "THIS is American Music". Should be interesting.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts