Constantines live

mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
edited June 2008 in Other Music
are as good as Pearl Jam. if you haven't seen them then you simply cannot comment, if you've heard them and were indifferent but haven't seen them you simply cannot comment. I was pretty whatev till my friend took me last year now I love the shit out of them. This weekend I took my friend to Matt Good (easily one of her fav bands) for her birthday then jumped on the train and caught about the last 4/5s of a Constantines show; it was so good by the end of the night she was telling me we should have left the other show during the encore so we could see the whole thing. There is no point to this but I just had to exclaim to someone other than the friends who are sick of me wanking over this band,
"I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    are as good as Pearl Jam. if you haven't seen them then you simply cannot comment, if you've heard them and were indifferent but haven't seen them you simply cannot comment. I was pretty whatev till my friend took me last year now I love the shit out of them. This weekend I took my friend to Matt Good (easily one of her fav bands) for her birthday then jumped on the train and caught about the last 4/5s of a Constantines show; it was so good by the end of the night she was telling me we should have left the other show during the encore so we could see the whole thing. There is no point to this but I just had to exclaim to someone other than the friends who are sick of me wanking over this band,

Just saw the Constantines at Virgin Fest in Calgary yesterday, and they were f**king awesome. Gord Downie came out on stage during their set and sang "Do What You Can Do" and I just about wet myself. It was amazing.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
    *bump*

Just rescuing this thread from page 4. I can't get enough of their new album.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    Pretty sure I saw them open for Sloan who opened for the Foo Fighters a few years ago. I thought they were pretty meh. I was really drunk though.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
    Constantines with Gord Downie- "Do What You Can Do", from Virgin Fest in Calgary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO93xrLRcYk

-Tom Waits