Options

Danko Jones is fucking amazing

mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
edited February 2006 in Other Music
ok up until like tuesday afternoon I thought of Danko as just something fun and lighthearted, nothing to be taken for more then that. But the new record is actually realy good, fuck it here is my review for the school newspaper, pardon the typos as I haven't fixed them yet:

Danko Jones can always be said to be one of those bands that you knew exactly what you were getting. Like the Foo Fighters or Oasis, once you hear abut 13 seconds of a Danko Jones cd you knew what the rest sounded like. It was fun, meaningless fare that almost always capable of inducing a smile. But that was it, no questions asked, at least until now. Those questions that were never asked now need to be. Namely what happens if they were to put out an honestly good record? The new album “Sleep is the Enemy” necessitates those questions. Sure there are the same Danko topics-girls are good, girls are not good, girls are really good, and girls are really not good- but they are presented in a more expanded fashion the previous outings. This is never more pronounced then during “Don’t Fall in Love.” The verse is-for the most part-actually sung which causes the snarl of “NOT ME” in the chorus to have double the impact it would have were it included on Born a Lion. If all of this has worried fans of the old Danko don’t worry, the usual over the top theatrics are still there but toned down a bit which works wonders. This could be dismissed at as just another example of a band mellowing out as they age, whatever it is it’s unexcpected.
"I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lukin14lukin14 Posts: 287
    i agree.. the new cd is great.
    life is the study of dyin'
    and how to do it right
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    i can't fucking wait for the new album!! i first heard danko jones on the way back home from the jersey shore on XM radio.i bought "we sweat blood" soon after i got home and fell in love with it.from what i heard of the new album so far it seems as if he has taken it up a notch....CAN'T WAIT!!
  • Options
    seen him a few times...fantastic live show. lots of energy! he loves to play for the ladies! :)