making a depressio cd need help

mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
edited January 2007 in Other Music
k so I'm making some cds, one is all upbeat and dancy (think Motown, dirty frank, Bust-a-move, just fun stuff) and the other is naturally the opposite. Here's what I have so far:

1-Here Pavement
2-Most of the Time Bob Dylan
3-Luv- Travis
4-Footprints on my Ceiling Social D
5-Every Bar Blood Meridian
6-Do the Right Thing The Dudes
7-Sin Nombre The refreshments
8-Fatal Pearl Jam
9-Born for Me Paul Westerberg
10-Eleanor put your boots on Franz Ferdinand
11-22 hours of darkness Ike Reilly
12-Run Snow Patrol
13-Country Feedback R.E.M.
14-Darkness on the Edge of Town Bruce Springsteen
15-Goddamn Lonely Love Drive-by Truckers

I need like 2-3 more songs, looking at Bowie right now not sure which to use though. Any ideas?
"I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Rock n' Roll Suicide or Aladdin Sane perhaps.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    life on Mars
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    I was thinking Life on Mars but the chorus is too much, instead I went with "Days" off of Reality. But I still need one or two more songs not Bowie just anything
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

stuff and nonsense ?
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    Julien wrote:
    stuff and nonsense ?
    the only stuff and nonsense I know is by the supersuckers and it's kind of a sad song content wise but the music is straight up punk
    Chris Cornell

• state radio-"keepsake"
  • Crime scene part one - Afghan Whigs
    Seasons - Chris Cornell

both incredible
  • nutshell - alice in chains (should be on there definitely)
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Jonny Cash - Hurt

No doubt about it ;)
    Keep on rocking in the free world
  • BlyssBlyss Posts: 166
    Anything from love is hell by ryan adams.
  • mrwalkerb wrote:
    the only stuff and nonsense I know is by the supersuckers and it's kind of a sad song content wise but the music is straight up punk

I think he meant the one by Split Enz. Eddie and Neil Finn do a pretty awesome version of it on the 7 worlds collide album.
    It doesn't matter if you're male, female, or confused; black, white, brown, red, green, yellow; gay, lesbian; redneck cop, stoned; ugly; military style, doggy style; fat, rich or poor; vegetarian or cannibal; bum, hippie, virgin; famous or drunk-you're either an asshole or you're not!

-C Addison
    Scubascott wrote:
    I think he meant the one by Split Enz. Eddie and Neil Finn do a pretty awesome version of it on the 7 worlds collide album.

yes, that is the version I was talking about. Awesome song ,awesome version...
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    The solo work of John Frusciante in the 90s...that's really depressing...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • rcsrcs Posts: 711
    Sweetness Follows - R.E.M.

Gets me everytime.
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    parel jam wrote:
    The solo work of John Frusciante in the 90s...that's really depressing...
    ah yes... smiles from the streets you hold stands as the only album ever to make me feel physically sick. It has some absolutely beautiful songs on it like life's a bath and I'm Always but for the most part. its just horrific. If anyone has ever wanted to hear what it sounds like when someone is dying then listen to this album. I know not many people will be attracted by that prospect.

I found a rare promo video for Life's a bath on youtube. I want to warn you all that it's not pleasant. In fact its nothing short of grotesque and disturbing. it features John round about the time that Smiles... was released, sitting in a room tending to his arms which are destroyed from needle use. please DON'T watch it if you stand to be upset by it. I think it has its worth though, even if watching it seems kind of voyeuristic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSTcYKme45w
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"