Options

Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea

mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
edited March 2006 in Other Music
is fuckin amazing I totally forgot just how good this record was. I've been thinking about it lately so I finally listened to it again and ....Damn is it fantastic so good so many great songs, this is the third time I've listened to it tonight so it must be good. that is all
"I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    yes miss harvey does it for me a fair bit too.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    psycosmicpsycosmic Posts: 504
    "I am a teller of tales. And I want other people to hear them..."

PJ HARVEY: FIRST EVER DVD RELEASE CONFIRMED

We are pleased to bring you exclusive news that the first ever PJ Harvey DVD will be released by Island Records on May 1st 2006.

Titled "PJ Harvey On Tour - Please Leave Quietly" and directed by Maria Mochnacz, it was filmed during the Uh Huh Her Tour and offers an intimate and insightful look into a world of touring, performing and travelling.

Having finished her seventh album Uh Huh Her in the autumn of 2003, Polly took to the road with a four-piece band. The collection of performances featured on 'PJ Harvey On Tour' charts her journey through summer festivals, to her UK and European tour and on to the US in October 2004, creating a patchwork quilt of sights and sounds.

Live performances taken from the tour are combined with behind-the-scenes footage and material. Stage sets are constructed and dismantled, sound-checks take place and recording studios are explored. PJ Harvey shares her thoughts and feelings about the process of touring through unique video diary footage, giving a very personal account of life on the road.

Featuring two previously unreleased tracks, Uh Huh Her and Evol, the cameras are also on hand to capture contributions from crew members working on the tour, giving a complete picture of the day-to-day experience of touring. Extras include a unique 28 minute interview with Harvey which sees her share her thoughts on writing, recording and performing.

The tracklisting, which spans Polly's career, features the following songs:

Meet Ze Monsta / Dress / Uh Huh Her / Taut / Down By The Water / It's You / Big Exit / Harder / The Darker Days Of Me & Him / A Perfect Day A Perfect Day Elise / Victory / Catherine / Who The Fuck? / Evol / My Beautiful Leah / The Letter
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06