Pavement vs. DBT

mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
edited September 2006 in Other Music
now I have a pretty good idea which will win out but as I sit here listening to Brighten the Corners I can't believe this is such a good cd, and it's only their third best. I've been getting in to DBT this year a lot with the new record and having Josh tell me what to pick up of their catalogue so for right now I can't decide, what about you?
"I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    is dbt drive by truckers?

how is this even a question?
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • I prefer DBT if indeed it is the Drive By Truckers in your abbreviation.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Pavement
  • pavement.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • Wouldn't Yo La Tengo v's Pavement be a better debate?
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Drive-by Truckers............no contest. :D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • they are not even comperable......
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Two very different bands. i actually do enjoy both, but Pavement by far is the better all around band.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • artjamartjam Posts: 227
    Pavement is beaten as best band ever only by Pearl Jam. I have only heard "dbt" a few times, what i heard was dumb as shit. They may be like Pavement in that if you hear only a few, the wrong few to start with, it may be dumb as shit. But it seems like all I hear any more on this board is drive by truckers, so i will check them out again, maybe i will get them like i got Pavement. Any recommendations?
  • I'm listening to a lot of DBT these days but I've always loved Pavement... I don't know, they're apples and oranges to me. I don't even know how to begin to compare them. It's a tie. :)
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    There are probably 250 bands I enjoy more than Pavement. Not sure if DBT is one of them or not. Kinda a goofy comparison but I guess I can say I will listen to the Dirty South before reaching for any of my Pavement discs.
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    2 completely different bands.. you can't compare them..
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • pavement--
    ahhhhhhh...
    great music--

peace
    lz
    The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever. Because this is just a ride." And we...kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok? But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.
    --Bill Hicks
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    truckers driving on the pavement..
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    While we're at it, how about Chopin vs. Slayer?
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    zstillings wrote:

exactly. f'd up comparisons....
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    zstillings wrote:

SLAYER \m/

:D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    I like Pavement. That said, I choose the Drive-By Truckers here.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • GBV obviously
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • alobaralobar Posts: 310
    Well, Pavemnet of course. Btw, I think Brighten The Corners IS their best.
    "I wanna believe in the mercy of the world again."

WAR + MAGIC BEANS = PEACE
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    alobar wrote:

transport is arranged ;)
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    alobar wrote:

Really I like Bighten the corners a lot but Crooked Rain Crooked Rain is fucking brillant
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • btb002btb002 Posts: 183
    What a cheap comparison, Pavement is way better than DBT. This is before the delux editions with mounds and mounds of B-sides. Pavement is even better than Pearl Jam. The range of the band can't be described. The best band of the 90's. Please reunite!
    You are just a negative mindless pud.