If you could pick any band in the world

mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
edited May 2007 in Other Music
to play your wedding who? I mean obvious choice here would be PJ but are they really a wedding band? I mean my parents aren't going to rock out to them for various reasons. My friends and I were talking about this last night prior to a concert and I think my pick was the best (mostly because I always think I'm right and because two of my four friends changed their votes after I said it), I'm thinking Springsteen, because:

1-he plays forever
2-people know the songs
3-if you've ever listened to his older boots he always busts up all these old school Motown/classic rock tracks that everyone loves and would dance the shit out of.
"I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    the boss for me too
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • FreshTendrilsFreshTendrils Posts: 267
    If its a band today, at its current state then...

The White Stripes.

Not only do they bust out appropriate covers, but their catalog consists of hard rockers, but also those sweet, childlike innocent pop songs.

If its a band from any point in history...

Screw a band, I'm going with Frank Sinatra for obvious reasons.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    Toots and the Maytals
    NERDS!
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    Mark Lanegan. Strange Religion et all would be absolutely perfect.
  • clayton12clayton12 Posts: 335
    My Morning Jacket.

Along with being the best band in the world, they are also the best cover band.
  • Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    The Rheostatics.

It would just be a great interactive show. And they play some kick ass dancing tunes. Also it would mean they would have to get back together. Sigh...
    Cock Fight.
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    clayton12 wrote:
    My Morning Jacket.

Along with being the best band in the world, they are also the best cover band.

uhh I think you have a typo, you spelt Hold Steady as my morning jacket
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    billy joel

a) he played for hours
    b) everyone would know his songs
    c) hes got a good mix of rockers and slow songs
    d) it be fun after the wedding to get drunk with him and just talk bout life and music
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• TwatayTwatay Posts: 64
    pig destroyer
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    billy joel

a) he played for hours
    b) everyone would know his songs
    c) hes got a good mix of rockers and slow songs
    d) it be fun after the wedding to get drunk with him and just talk bout life and music

that's who i was going to say. beat me to it.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • FreshTendrilsFreshTendrils Posts: 267
    Elton John because you know he wouldn't hit on your wife.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    PJammin' wrote:
    that's who i was going to say. beat me to it.
    ive always wanted him to play at my wedding, its such bias choice cause i live on longisland

Elton John because you know he wouldn't hit on your wife.
    ROTFLMFAO
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• tobbactobbac Posts: 234
    paul mccartney...
    You ain't-never seen no one like me
    Prevail-regardless what the cost might be
    Power-flows inside of me, you can't bring me
    Never-fall as long as I try
    Refuse-to be a part of your lie
    Even-if it means I die, you can't bring me
    You...can't...bring...me...down!
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    ive always wanted him to play at my wedding, its such bias choice cause i live on longisland

haha, makes perfect sense. i'm don't live on long island, and i'm not from there, but he's my choice. he has awesome tunes(variety, which you listed)and he's always come across as having a fun personality(which would come in handy, which you also listed). :D plus, my family likes billy joel so it would go over well. :)
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    me first and the gimme gimmes. :D:D:D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    me first and the gimme gimmes. :D:D:D
    Good Choice
    NERDS!
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Good Choice

yes, i thought so. :D:p

and you're gonna know the words to the songs. it's like karaoke in band form. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • The Flaming Lips, of course!! There would be excellent music, Wayne, Stephen, Kliph and Michael are all really down to earth guys who don't at all act like rock stars from what I've seen (Fearless Freaks is a great doc!)....and then there's the dancing animals, confetti, balloons all over the place and the after party would be out of this world! Maybe Wayne would break out the space ball and roll over the crowd. :p
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • shell bellshell bell Posts: 337
    Neil Young (with out the Horse)
    when you get confused just listen to the music play........

"You damn well can't lick the system,but you can sure give it a good fondeling."-sleazy estate man(Hugh Laurie on A bit of Fry and Laurie)

"Judas Priest on a two stroke moped!"(Stephen Fry)
  • who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    The Flaming Lips, of course!! There would be excellent music, Wayne, Stephen, Kliph and Michael are all really down to earth guys who don't at all act like rock stars from what I've seen (Fearless Freaks is a great doc!)....and then there's the dancing animals, confetti, balloons all over the place and the after party would be out of this world! Maybe Wayne would break out the space ball and roll over the crowd. :p

Haha,,, that was my first choice when I saw the title of the thread!

What a great band to see live and they don't take themselves too seriously and are just fun.
    I bet they do a kick ass version of the Bunny Hop and the Hokey Pokey, too. :D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLQcknhApjM

Imagine shaggin' to that! :D
  • Haha,,, that was my first choice when I saw the title of the thread!

What a great band to see live and they don't take themselves too seriously and are just fun.
    I bet they do a kick ass version of the Bunny Hop and the Hokey Pokey, too. :D

:D Great minds, they say....
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • blazedoutbeeblazedoutbee Posts: 239
    Mick and Keith would be awesome!!!!!!!!
  • Van Morrison
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Any band in the worl?....I'd pick one of the many cheesy wedding bands in the yellow pages.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me