George Harrison/beatles

mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
edited November 2006 in Other Music
ok here's the deal, I don't really give two shits about the beatles, I mean I like them enough and sort of went through a beatles phase in like grade seven and shit but otherwise I don't care. But lately I've noticed that I like George Harrison's stuff, like here comes the sun and while my guitar gently weeps, so with all that in mind, as I go out and get all things must pass can you guys list off your favorite Harrison songs? Like in and out of the Beatles, I simply don't know any better and want some help on what to get. thanks
"I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    you'll get over it.
  • Sonja_SSonja_S Posts: 444
    Something and My Sweet Lord are pretty much the classics.
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • Most of George's shit is either mellow or atmospheric or both. His solo albums are good to chill out to. All of his LP's after "All Things" are hit or miss, but unfortunately, there are no compilations or box sets that cover all the essentials. I really like the albums "33 1/3" and "George Harrison". Those are probably my favorites. There's a song from 1979 called "Sat Singing" that could have been a huge smash but it was only released on a very rare EP. You should seek out an MP3 of that song if you can find one.
  • His last cd, brainwashed has some really great songs on it. A couple of crappy ones, but I think it's his best since "all things must pass". Pretty much every song he wrote in the beatles after "help" is great. Long, long long and I, me, mine are really awesome.
  • mrwalkerb wrote:
    ok here's the deal, I don't really give two shits about the beatles, I mean I like them enough and sort of went through a beatles phase in like grade seven and shit but otherwise I don't care. But lately I've noticed that I like George Harrison's stuff, like here comes the sun and while my guitar gently weeps, so with all that in mind, as I go out and get all things must pass can you guys list off your favorite Harrison songs? Like in and out of the Beatles, I simply don't know any better and want some help on what to get. thanks

well first off I would suggest GIVING two shits (well...at least one shit) about the Beatles.

that being said, George is awesome. here are some of my favorite Beatles songs written by George, and I highly recommend them:

Within You Without You (Sgt. Peppers)
    Piggies (White Album)
    Only A Northern Song (Yellow Submarine)
    It's All Too Much (Yellow Submarine)
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • I give more than 2 shits about the Beatles and George is my favorite. I Me Mine on Let It Be is awesome. Taxman off of Revolver is a classic. All Things Must Pass is the best Beatles solo album. I like it better than any of John or Paul's post-Beatles efforts. Get the special edition that has all the jams with Eric Clapton. They're not all great, but there's some very cool stuff worth hearing.
  • all things must pass is classic
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times