She was pretty cool, we kinda kicked in the chillout tent

mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
edited April 2007 in Other Music
and I never saw that girl again
"I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dq4lifedq4life Posts: 154
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    eh? great story.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    mrwalkerb wrote:

they gave me oranges and cigarettes.

it was kinda sexy but kinda creepy.
  • Hold Steady, no?

Just saw them a few weeks ago, kicked some major ass.

:)
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • that band is a joke....please
    8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, 11/14/02(letterman), 4/30/03, 6/6/03, 7/6/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 3/18/05, 9/2/05, 9/4/05, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/5/06, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/22/06, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 7/6/06
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    Hold Steady, no?

Just saw them a few weeks ago, kicked some major ass.

:)

I'm very jealous living in the middle of nowhere means I don't see shit, was going to go to sasquacth (sic) to see them and whoever else is there but decided they're the kind of band that deserves thier own show where the crowd is %100 into it.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

• gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    TheHotRock wrote:
    that band is a joke....please

I've heard lots about them on this board. I finally took a look at their Myspace. Fuck. They're pretty brutal.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • mrwalkerb wrote:

I think this belongs in the poetry section.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
    TheHotRock wrote:
    that band is a joke....please

you're my new favorite superhero... technoboy... saving the masses from great rock music with mind numbingly derivative samples, one eardrum at a time.
    you're my new favorite superhero... technoboy... saving the masses from great rock music with mind numbingly derivative samples, one eardrum at a time.

ah ha ha ha ha
    Chris Cornell

• CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    The first three tracks from "Boys & Girls in America" is some of the best straight up rock music I've heard in a while. The album wanders from there on with a few less than great results, but damn does it start out with a bang.

Once you get used to the speaking-as-singing deal Finn has going on, they are a very enjoyable band. It took me more than a few listens to really get into them.
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    It's his vocals that definitely didn't keep me interested.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
    CM1847 wrote:
    The first three tracks from "Boys & Girls in America" is some of the best straight up rock music I've heard in a while. The album wanders from there on with a few less than great results, but damn does it start out with a bang.

Once you get used to the speaking-as-singing deal Finn has going on, they are a very enjoyable band. It took me more than a few listens to really get into them.

Yeah the whole talking thing burns on people but if you can get around it on boys and girls you need to check out Seperation Sunday which takes more time to get into but is way more rewarding once you do
    Chris Cornell

• hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    Great song, great album. Pure rock n' roll story telling.

Southtown Girls might be my favorite on the album, though.
    hendrix78 wrote:
    Great song, great album. Pure rock n' roll story telling.

Southtown Girls might be my favorite on the album, though.

Southtown Girls is cool and all but it took me forveer to get into, although after going to st paul last summer for the PJ/Petty shows it was cool to listen to street names that I was actually on. Chillout ten, massive night and stuck between stations are gold, oh and first night
    Chris Cornell

mrwalkerb wrote:
    Yeah the whole talking thing burns on people but if you can get around it on boys and girls you need to check out Seperation Sunday which takes more time to get into but is way more rewarding once you do

i like almost killed me more than separation sunday.
    i like almost killed me more than separation sunday.

Almost killed is a really good record but I think it's the worst of the three. The new one has a bit of production and pop gloss (well as much as a hold steady cd could handle) and almost killed me is just that much too rough, plus I think with the exception of killer parties the songs are stronger on serperaton sunday
    Chris Cornell

• CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    I picked up Separation Sunday a couple of months ago. I enjoy it, but I like the over-the-topness of Boys & Girls. I will pick up their first one at some point, very good band.

I remember listening to their Myspace songs around the times Boys & Girls came out and having absolutely no interest in hearing anything more from them, but they really grow on you if you get past the vocal style.
    CM1847 wrote:
    I picked up Separation Sunday a couple of months ago. I enjoy it, but I like the over-the-topness of Boys & Girls. I will pick up their first one at some point, very good band.

I remember listening to their Myspace songs around the times Boys & Girls came out and having absolutely no interest in hearing anything more from them, but they really grow on you if you get past the vocal style.

I know what you mean, my friend kept playing them at work and while I wasn't put off my any means once I started to make out the words I was hooked, now I love his voice
    Chris Cornell