greatest non PJ concert day ever

mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
edited March 2007 in Other Music
ok so yesterday I find out that Social Distortion is coming to town (I thought my friend was lying to be a dick till he asked me to get him a ticket). so today got my social D ticks so fucking Jacked for that, then tonight when I'm on my break at work I notice my same friend called, thinking it was him seeing if we got tickets-funny thing every other city on the tour has a presale today and tickets on thursday but for whatever reason Edmonton has no presale and tickets go on sale today, but the radio keeps saying that it's not till thursday-but no that's not it at all. He tells me that FUCKING DINOSAUR JR. are coming. so my shit town gets Social D and Dino Jr announced in the course of like 2 days. so jacked.

edit-oh yeah the Leafs won as well.
"I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    that is pretty great

some of my best back to backs

Foo Fighters and Pavement

Elliot Smith and Built to Spill

Deftones and STP/Local H

Pearl Jam and Pearl Jam and Pearl Jam etc etc etc
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • That's awesome. Other than back to back Pearl Jam...

Kings of Leon at Lupo's in Providence, RI --> Monday

Pearl Jam at the Borgata in Atlantic City, NJ --> Saturday

That was a great week
  • edigerediger Posts: 308
    I'll get to see Dino Jr. here, but I'll be out of town for Social Distortion :(

So be it... I'll be in California at the Coachella Fest :D
    Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617

Kings of Leon at Lupo's in Providence, RI --> Monday

Funny you should metion Lupo's because when I saw The Foos and Pavement back to back it was Foo Fighters at The Roseland Ballroom in NYC and then Pavement At Lupo's

and incidentally, the night I traveled to Providence to see Pavement, The Foos were in town playing at The Met, (If only they didn't go on around the same time........)
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    you guys are lucky, I wish I could have seen Pavement
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

• Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I heard Incubus was announced for Edmonton today as well...Police tix last weekend...shaping up to be a good summer concert season 'round these parts...

PS - Leafs suck :)
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    TOOL Dublin November '06
    "Todays is Judiths birthday".
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Brainofdz wrote:
    Funny you should metion Lupo's because when I saw The Foos and Pavement back to back it was Foo Fighters at The Roseland Ballroom in NYC and then Pavement At Lupo's

and incidentally, the night I traveled to Providence to see Pavement, The Foos were in town playing at The Met, (If only they didn't go on around the same time........)

What are the chances? I like Lupo's... it's a pretty cool venue.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Eric Clapton > Tuesday
    Red Hot Chili Peppers > Friday
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    I heard Incubus was announced for Edmonton today as well...Police tix last weekend...shaping up to be a good summer concert season 'round these parts...

PS - Leafs suck :)

Police would be cool but way too much, I might try to score some off people who bought too many, as for incubus what is this 2001?
    Chris Cornell

• dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    Woodstock 99 was quite the adventure and Lollopalooza 93 was my first ever show, so that was sweet as well.
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • HippyvikHippyvik Posts: 281
    Metallica at Milton Keynes Bowl in '99, it was the first time I saw them. When they came on to the 'Good the bad and the ugly' music all the hairs on the back of my neck stood up, it was awesome :D
  • stef1885stef1885 Posts: 25
    Back in the day i went to:

Bon jovi - Saturday (New Jersey)
    Iron Maiden - Sunday (Seventh son tour)

Man my neck ached after that weekend!!

Also a good back to back was The Music followed the next night by Vain (remember them??)!!

Stef1885
    1992-02-28 London England ULU
    1992-06-06 London England Finsbury Park
    1992-07-25 Denver, Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre
    2007-06-18 London England Wembley
    2018-06-18 London O2
    2018-07-17 London O2
    2022-07-08 Hyde Park
    2022-07-09 Hyde Park
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    Police would be cool but way too much, I might try to score some off people who bought too many, as for incubus what is this 2001?

yeah, I had two people buy me tix to the Police, and told them both to sell them to someone else...no way I'm paying $225, don't care who it is. what if it pisses rain the whole time? Could get a Coachella weekend pass for that.....

2001? Not a big Incubus fan, but I wouldn't mind checkin them out...
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,249
    i forgot the yr but i had a back to back weekend

GRATEFULL DEAD on a saturday NIGHT at some college upstate NY after the show we drove to PHILLY for a sunday ROLLING STONES show totally cool weekend.....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    So Social D was last week and I totally spent 70% of the show at the very front right in front of Mike Ness like serious was 8 feet away, it was grand there was one girl in front of me who pretty much was only there to save me from getting crushed on the rail but otherwise I was front row. Sweet show, well worth it, might have seemed rushed but they played all the hits and a good selection of the back cat, can't wait for Dino jr.
    Chris Cornell

• ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    kings of leon and pearl jam was pretyt good day but non pj hmmmm

maybe big day out 2003 strokes, flaming lips, muse
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Clifwith1fClifwith1f Posts: 143
    Last fall saw the Flaming Lips, Sufjan Stevens and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers all in nine days.