Is Jesus Christ Pose about Scott Stapp?

cherylcrowecherylcrowe Posts: 69
edited April 2007 in Other Music
Just kidding!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Actually you are "half" right ...

Cornell actually confesses that he wrote the song about a "pompous" rock star ... but the rock star is PERRY FERREL ...

Unfortunately I never knew that until recently.

And i somewhat take offense to that.

Perry may be grandiose, but he was never really pretensious any farther than being a bit of an art\rock snob.

Either way i think, especially given Chris's little "what's my name?" bit in Baltimore and his incessant whoring of Say Hello To Heaven and such that maybe he should NOT sing that song ... since he seems to be the one full of himself these days.

I love the guy, but Perry is my boy too, so it kind of pisses me off!

:( :( :(
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • ManimalManimal Posts: 152
    Actually you are "half" right ...

Cornell actually confesses that he wrote the song about a "pompous" rock star ... but the rock star is PERRY FERREL ...

Unfortunately I never knew that until recently.

And i somewhat take offense to that.

Perry may be grandiose, but he was never really pretensious any farther than being a bit of an art\rock snob.

Either way i think, especially given Chris's little "what's my name?" bit in Baltimore and his incessant whoring of Say Hello To Heaven and such that maybe he should NOT sing that song ... since he seems to be the one full of himself these days.

I love the guy, but Perry is my boy too, so it kind of pisses me off!

:( :( :(

I didn't know it was about Perry Ferrel. Where did you read that? I'd be interested in reading the article.
    DVD: http://db.etree.org/Manimal
    Posters: www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=Manimal&view=4
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    I think Perry Farrell at the time was an example but not 100% directly at him, just the rock stars who were like look at me I'm a god, and yes I agree there is a bit of irony there.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    it's not about perry ferrel. LOL.. Soundgarden were on the early lollapalooza tours and friends with him...
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    bharQ wrote:
    it's not about perry ferrel. LOL.. Soundgarden were on the early lollapalooza tours and friends with him...

That’s what I was thinking......They were supporting Badmotor Finger during the second Lolla in 92.....F'n Kick ass show!!!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • bharQ wrote:

Well?
    :(

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0180225/bio
    edit, find on this page, "perry" ... under the section "Trivia"

or

enharmonic has said it:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/archive/index.php/t-219661.html
    edit, find on this page, "perry"

or

the guy on this message board says it:
    http://p086.ezboard.com/fthesuperunknownfrm10.showMessageRange?topicID=151.topic&start=41&stop=60

edit, find on this page, "perry" ...

or ...

this site,
    which archved what wikipedia used to say:
    http://www.cherrytap.com/blog/40600/157637

it's all whatever.
    maybe it's true. maybe it isn't.

but chances are that chris had so many chances to observe perry's wacky, and yes, at times, overly self-indulgent antics (christ people, perry IS a borderline personality ... can you say narcisist?) ... and all these witnessed "pretenses" led to inspiration for a song ...

it doesn't mean chris disliked perry ... just that he thought he was flamboyant, i suppose.

?
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • So you are saying it is not about rip off artist evangelists?
  • Just becasue some people plsy shoe togehter doesnt mean they respect them, or have opions.
    Chris has been in alot of bands where he didnt like people.
    He never got along with ben shephard, and isnt it obvious how he felt about the rage guys.
    That fact has been floating around for years, and as crazy as perry is whose to say he didnt like the comparrison.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • I never met Perry Farrell, but I have heard nothing but good things from people who have met him. I've heard all of the guys in Jane's were cool except Navarro
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    It's certainly not about Stapp, who didn't appear until about 4 years after that song came out.

edit: never mind, I see you're kidding.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    One of my favorite SG songs.