Sleater-Kinneys Funeral Song: No Rock N Roll Fun :(

DriftingByTheStormDriftingByTheStorm Posts: 8,684
edited November 2007 in Other Music
Man.
I bought a 4gig ipod mini a few months ago, after my 80gig went on the fritz ...

therefore i've been changing up my ipod frequently, rotating albums.

Two that have stayed on there for a while now are One Beat and All Hands on the Bad One, by S-K.

I feel so dumb for not "getting it" years ago, but i finally do, and they are out of the picture.

Has anyone else only recently realy come to understand, enjoy and cherrish some sleater-kinney?

:(

Ugh.
They sing their Funeral song before i get to celebrate their life. You're no rocknroll fun, girls!

I remember seeing SK 3 or 4 times (at least) between the 03 and 05 tours (and once in 06? confused) ... and not until the last time i saw them did i really enjoy much of it.

I really liked The Woods when i bought it a while back, but i think the other two albums have some even better stuff on them!

:D

COME BACK GIRLS!
If I was to smile and I held out my hand
If I opened it now would you not understand?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I do miss S-K. They were such a fucking musical force and an amazing live band.
  • i love and Miss SK,

I used to like them but it wasnt until the woods came out that i fell in love with the band. that album just rocked my world and then after that all of their albums just became instant classics, i saw them live with pj once but it wasnt unti l i saw them live on their own in Philly for one of their last shows that really made me appreciate what a great band they were and will always be
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Man.
    I bought a 4gig ipod mini a few months ago, after my 80gig went on the fritz ...

therefore i've been changing up my ipod frequently, rotating albums.

Two that have stayed on there for a while now are One Beat and All Hands on the Bad One, by S-K.

I feel so dumb for not "getting it" years ago, but i finally do, and they are out of the picture.

Has anyone else only recently realy come to understand, enjoy and cherrish some sleater-kinney?

:(

Ugh.
    They sing their Funeral song before i get to celebrate their life. You're no rocknroll fun, girls!

I remember seeing SK 3 or 4 times (at least) between the 03 and 05 tours (and once in 06? confused) ... and not until the last time i saw them did i really enjoy much of it.

I really liked The Woods when i bought it a while back, but i think the other two albums have some even better stuff on them!

:D

COME BACK GIRLS!

Well...better late than never, right?

Maybe they'll get back together some day. :)
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Loved them and now I miss them.....saw them open for PJ in 2003....got really big into them the first part of 2005.....then saw them once as a headliner and one more time opening for PJ.......a truly great band......."Dig Me Out" will stay in heavy rotation with me.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • tybird wrote:
    Loved them and now I miss them.....saw them open for PJ in 2003....got really big into them the first part of 2005.....then saw them once as a headliner and one more time opening for PJ.......a truly great band......."Dig Me Out" will stay in heavy rotation with me.

Same here. Except I saw them once as a headliner and againt at Lollapalooza. "All Hands On The Bad One" is my favorite...I think.
  • Saw them live in a tiny club... It was the second best gig I've been to, next to Pearl Jam. They were a great rock band, and they're sorely missed.

I think the first half of the One Beat album is one of the most consistently brilliant musical achievements of the last decade or so...
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    Janet Weiss is a badassmotherfucker on the drums. They are sorely missed.
  • carrie brownstien makes me cream my jeans
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    ii44 wrote:
    Janet Weiss is a badassmotherfucker on the drums. They are sorely missed.
    True, very true :D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.