iTunes -- Adding Large Folders -- Fuckin' Up ...

DriftingByTheStormDriftingByTheStorm Posts: 8,684
edited September 2006 in Other Music
Has anyone else on here had trouble with the iTunes not being album to "add folder" for large music collections?

I have all my music in one root folder that i keep trying to add ...
it didn't work with itunes 6 and i just updated to 7 this morning ...

still no luck.

The folder is about 125gigs ...
the "add folder" function will grab "alice in chains" through "bad religion" which is about 10 artist folders comprising roughly 7gigs, and then it just stops ...

no error message or any crashes ... it just acts like it is done importing my files ...

i'm really fucking irritated by this.

This new problem, along with the fact that itunes STILL doesn't support native flac or shn, means i am probably going to stop using it for the forseeable future.

i don't really want to be forced back to Winamp, and the people in my offcie aren't gonna be to happy that they can't browse my music through iTunes, since i won't be on it ... but oh well ... fuck 'em ...

:(

damnit.
If I was to smile and I held out my hand
If I opened it now would you not understand?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Try adding the folders one at a time. Maybe that's too much at once for iTunes. I've never had trouble with it before, but then again I've never uploaded 125G of music. Maybe you can't have that much in there?
  • danny72688 wrote:
    Try adding the folders one at a time?

F-U-C-K that ...

i would get carpal tunnel so fast!
    that's asking me to add over 80 folders one by one ...

FUCK THAT!

If Winamp can do it,
    itunes sure as fuck should be able to.

lazy mac programming lame-erz.
  • Here is what I would do, you should be able to select portions of the folders inside and do it that way. Maybe do it in thirds or quarters. I can see Itunes freaking out with having to add that much stuff at once. I know when I imported all of my music to Itunes for the first time (I used a different program) it took several hours to get it all.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Here is what I would do, you should be able to select portions of the folders inside and do it that way. Maybe do it in thirds or quarters. I can see Itunes freaking out with having to add that much stuff at once. I know when I imported all of my music to Itunes for the first time (I used a different program) it took several hours to get it all.

You can only pick ONE folder in the "add folder" option ...
    you can not shift select more than one ... it sucks.

fuck itunes.
  • Create four or five folders then and seperate your music evenly. That can't be too much effort can it?
  • You can only pick ONE folder in the "add folder" option ...
    you can not shift select more than one ... it sucks.

fuck itunes.

Try just dragging and dropping them into the Itunes window.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Try dragging the folder into iTunes
  • cutback wrote:
    Try dragging the folder into iTunes

and sadprof ...

THAT was a brilliant idea.
    :D

wonder why one works and the other dosen't ...

the drag and drop not being to obvious to a file-tree lover like myself.

;)