New Pixies Reunion Docu-DVD

DriftingByTheStormDriftingByTheStorm Posts: 8,684
edited October 2006 in Other Music
just got the myspace message from them yesterday ...

clicked and bought it ASAP ... like $19.95 plus a patch and a poster and something else ... a bunch of cool crap ...

and a sweet dvd about the trials and tribulations of reuniting a band that probably had even more internal combustions than jane's addiction ...

super excited.

:D:D:D

yay pixies yay!
If I was to smile and I held out my hand
If I opened it now would you not understand?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nice! I'll be picking this up eventually I'm sure.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • urgh!i hated them back in the 90's.like an indie B52's lmao:)
    Cornell pwns u
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Pixies are soooooo good. Doolittle is pretty much amazing. I should buy the rest of it when I see it
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    What has Joey done since the Pixies? I have a few of The Breeders albums and a few of Frank Blacks and one or two with The Catholics, has Joey continued making quality music like his band mates?:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    What has Joey done since the Pixies? I have a few of The Breeders albums and a few of Frank Blacks and one or two with The Catholics, has Joey continued making quality music like his band mates?:)

Yes he has my dear friend! :D After the Pixies, he and his wife started the Martinis. they had a song in Empire Records called, "Free" and I think last year they released their first full length album called, Smitten. They are kind of on the poppy side, but they are really good. His wife has a beautiful voice. Joey also has composed music for tv shows, including the short-lived series, "Undergrad" (something like that) and now for the cable show, "Weeds" :)

I think there has been 3 Pixies dvds that are out already or about to come out, one is Pixies: Live @ Newport Beach (all acoustic show); then the documentary LOUDquietLOUD; and Live @ Paradise Club. I am planning to get those 3 dvds soon!! :)
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • just got this today

LOUDsoftLOUD

it is amazing.
    85minutes of intense emotion
    that is approached with a mature subtlety ...

i really like this thing.
    gonna watch it again tomorrow ...

it's like their SINGLE VIDEO THEORY or something.
    :D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    SWEET! Lucky you! I still need to get my hands on it, but at least I have the Pixies Acoustic holding me over that I got for my b-day ;)

oh did you guys hear...Pixies are going to record a new album in 2007! Of course, that is if they can get Kim Deal to come out of her house :p
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn