9:30 Club -- The Rollins Band and X -- Who's Going !?!

DriftingByTheStormDriftingByTheStorm Posts: 8,684
edited July 2006 in Other Music
I'm making a fucking group pilgrimage out for this show.

Is anyone else in the area going?

I'm working to get about 8-10 of my good friends up for a minivan pool up to DC for this show ...

I'm not heavy in to either band ... but wouldn't mind catching the RBand and REALLY dig on some X ...

is anyone else gonna party down with us ???
tickets are $25 a piece and still on sale.

AUGUST 15th ...a TUESDAY ...

also ... August 1st is SLEATER-KINNEY ???

:D:D:D
If I was to smile and I held out my hand
If I opened it now would you not understand?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I'll be at the Philly show along with some other Jammers.....been seeing X live since 1985 on the Ain't Love Grand Tour. That was one of the shows that changed my life.....
  • *Boy*Boy Posts: 112
    I'll be at the Philly show along with some other Jammers.....been seeing X live since 1985 on the Ain't Love Grand Tour. That was one of the shows that changed my life.....

id definetely would go if i were in DC, ps PatricSaint didn't John Doe and Exene divorce like 15 years ago?
    ~It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not ~

~You laugh because I am different, I laugh because you are all the fucking same ~

~Education is the most powerfull weapon you can use to change the world - Nelson Mandela~

~chaka boom chak -Tom Waits~
  • I'm goin in one week to see Drive-By Truckers.
    Anyone headed to that?

Maybe get some food/beer before...?
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • I'll be at the Philly show along with some other Jammers.....been seeing X live since 1985 on the Ain't Love Grand Tour. That was one of the shows that changed my life.....

fuck yah!

i'm a bit late to the X party ... but i was hardly cognizant in 1985 (born in '80 ... tail end gen-xer here ...)

wish i'd been around ... or at least caught any of their "reunion" shows ...

either way ...
    i'm catching this one.

Lemme know how the philly gig goes down ...
    what venue are they playing their?

9:30 is ultra-intimate ... i can't wait.

:D:D :Dq
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I would go if I did not live in Hooterville.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more