The Frames, new album

TaftTaft Posts: 454
edited September 2006 in Other Music
Anyone get the new Frames album today (The Cost), it came outin Ireland? Sounds great, it isn't out in the US until 2007 but I found it on this website:

http://www.7digital.com/stores/productDetail.aspx?shop=34&product=41547&sid=455086
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• these guys are awesome
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • The Frames are awesome. Will that site work if I'm in the US?
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • I'm seeing them live on Thursday for the first time in years, can't wait, their live shows unbelievable, impossible to describe the energy and atmosphere.

The new album itself is very good indeed, just like the last one it takes a couple of spins for the threads of the music to sink in, but I actually think it's a better album than Burn The Maps even though there are less instant anthems like Fake and Finally, there are some very strong songs like Song For Someone and People All Get Ready.

Theres a lot less production work on this than there was on the last record, probably due to the fact that the songs were recorded live in the studio, which gives some nice raw sounds.

The title track The Cost is probably my fave and the most striking, it has a screaming Floydesque guitar/violin/vocal solo.

In short, if you liked the last few Frames albums then you'll love this. And it just gets better with every listen.
  • TaftTaft Posts: 454
    The Frames are awesome. Will that site work if I'm in the US?

Yep, I am from Boston and downloaded it no problem.
  • Thanks man. Is it compatible with iTunes? And also...how much was it with the pounds/dollars conversion?

Excited for new Frames!!
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • TaftTaft Posts: 454
    Thanks man. Is it compatible with iTunes? And also...how much was it with the pounds/dollars conversion?

Excited for new Frames!!

Yeah, when you download the files just open them with iTunes, that is what I did too, the only thing you will have to do is add in the Album name and the track numbers into your iTunes library, for some reason it only had the song names in the info.

It was $14.77 in US dollars for the album.
  • Wow, $14.77's not bad at all - I figured it'd be more expensive. Thanks for the tips as well!
  • you can also get it here pretty cheap with free delivery worldwide http://www.cdworld.ie/products.php?keyword=the+frames&column=All

if you're like me and prefer a hard copy rather than digital