Options

A Wolf At The Door - Radiohead

shahrilshahril Posts: 288
edited March 2006 in Other Music
anybody else love this song to bits? i swear no other song makes me go into a trance and makes my heart drop at the same time, but in a very relaxing way..i dont know how to describe it..
I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    While it's no way one of their best songs and I feel it's their worst album closer I still love it.
  • Options
    sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,033
    My favorite song on Hail to the Thief and probably in my top 5 Radiohead songs period.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    While it's no way one of their best songs and I feel it's their worst album closer I still love it.

well if u put them up against all the other album closers..i dont know..theyre all SO GOOD!

street spirit is probably one of the better known ones..

HTTT is a really really underrated album imho. At this moment Im actually loving HTTT more than OKC or The Bends! how do u explain that!
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    shahril wrote:
    well if u put them up against all the other album closers..i dont know..theyre all SO GOOD!

street spirit is probably one of the better known ones..

HTTT is a really really underrated album imho. At this moment Im actually loving HTTT more than OKC or The Bends! how do u explain that!

Hail To The Thief is great. I love that album, but I don't think it's quite as enjoyable as The Bends.
  • Options
    Hail To The Thief is great. I love that album, but I don't think it's quite as enjoyable as The Bends.

people say they cant choose what pj album is the best/their fav. That problem is magnified when it comes to Radiohead imho.

what a band...

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    PJ_GAPJ_GA Posts: 121
    that's the way I feel with EVERY Radiohead song...ahhh
    ITS MY BLOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    shahril wrote:
    people say they cant choose what pj album is the best/their fav. That problem is magnified when it comes to Radiohead imho.

what a band...

Oh definitely. The only one I haven't been as thrilled with was Amnesiac though a lot of people would say that's their favorite.
  • Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    I got myxomatosis
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    hodge wrote:
    I got myxomatosis

even when i cant undstand what the fuck myxomatosis is about (lyrically, musically) i still actually like it. 'Get Right' on the other hand.. :D

cant wait to see em this may..

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    hodge wrote:
    I got myxomatosis
    So you are a rabbit?
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    They just announced some warm up gigs in small venues in UK before the festivals, cost me £85 to get ticket on ebay but will be so good......
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    HYLAHYLA Posts: 137
    Wolf at the Door is amazing. Very different from their other stuff.
  • Options
    lumpyfredlumpyfred Posts: 243
    I like Wolf at the Door, but I love A Punchup at a Wedding.
    Her?
  • Options
    pj_zombiepj_zombie Posts: 272
    shahril wrote:
    anybody else love this song to bits? i swear no other song makes me go into a trance and makes my heart drop at the same time, but in a very relaxing way..i dont know how to describe it..

The way you describe that is how I feel with Street Spirit, one of the most beautiful songs ever written IMO. I have Pablo Honey and The Bends and so far I love The Bends and Pablo is an average record. I just listened to OK Computer for the first time today and I can tell it's going to take some spins before I can really grasp everything. That is, it's certainly not one of those albums with tracks that just stick out(and in your head).
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    i love that song, too! i love the whole album. city boys in first class don't know they born little someone else will come and clean it up someone always does....

scatterbrain is up there, too
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    shahril wrote:

the layers!!! it has so many beautiful layers of music in pretty much every song! it may be hard to get into and appreciate at first but especially w/ headphones the album is amazing lyrically and musically. i love all their albums but everything after okc are in a league of their own and are def albums you appreciate a lot more w/ headphones
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way