Options

Jonny Greenwood clean guitar sound

shahrilshahril Posts: 288
edited April 2006 in Other Music
anybody else feel that he brings out the beauty of the undistorted sound of single notes on the guitar?

e.g
my iron lung, planet telex (at the very end), there there

solos or precise fill-ins hes a pure genius..and i swear i hardly use that word.
I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    sigh...
    B
    U
    M
    P
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    shahril wrote:
    anybody else feel that he brings out the beauty of the undistorted sound of single notes on the guitar?

e.g
    my iron lung, planet telex (at the very end), there there

solos or precise fill-ins hes a pure genius..and i swear i hardly use that word.
    on "you never wash up after yourself" his tone is so dry and clean its just perfect. One of the shortest sweetest song I've ever heard. I gotta admit I love his dirties too though, when he just kicks in.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    One of Englands finest guitarists.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    on "you never wash up after yourself" his tone is so dry and clean its just perfect. One of the shortest sweetest song I've ever heard. I gotta admit I love his dirties too though, when he just kicks in.

oh yeah when he kicks in heavy he does it great as well no doubt..but a lot of times he kicks in really soft and gentle and precise..melts me away...and thom yorke's dreamy fragile voice.. ahhh...

from an objective standpoint id HONESTLY say they are the greatest band ever to have existed.

im speaking about musical creativity..maybe they dont rock and get us pumped as much as pj, or had as much influence as the beatles but songwriting wise..i just havent heard anything that matches up to radiohead..
    thats a bold statement i kno..perhaps they havent come up with enough albums..and thats probably the single reason this may yet turn out to be false..

in the meantime tho...THE BENDS!!

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    I really think that Jonny Greenwood is a musical genius in the literal sense. He's driven creatively and seems haunted by his craft. When I'm listening to Radiohead, even after all these years, I still get surprised by what he contributes to the music.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~