Options

Slash to rejoin GnR?

shahrilshahril Posts: 288
edited May 2006 in Other Music
i blinked a few times when i read the end bit..

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/05/08/music.guns.n.roses.ap/index.html

NEW YORK (AP) -- Rock recluse Axl Rose made a surprise radio appearance to proclaim that Guns N' Roses' 10-years-in-the-making "Chinese Democracy" album will finally hit store shelves this fall.

The comments Saturday on Eddie Trunk's syndicated radio show marked the first interview the painfully private Rose has given since his failed 2002 comeback tour, which was abruptly scrapped midway amid riots and canceled shows.

Rose's impromptu appearance came when former Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach, who was co-hosting the show, called Rose's cell phone and patched the call through the studio.

Quizzed on when the near-mythical album would come out, Rose said, "Sometime this fall or late fall." His band could be heard rehearsing in the background. "It will be out this year."

Trunk invited Rose to drop by the studio, and about an hour later he did.

Asked about the aborted 2002 comeback tour, which ended when Rose failed to appear for a gig in Philadelphia, Rose told Trunk he felt pressured into doing it before he was ready. But he insisted he has no regrets, since the short-lived tour helped the new band members to gel. (The 2002 lineup included keyboard player Dizzy Reed from the original GN'R, former Nine Inch Nails guitarist Robin Finck, bassist Tommy Stinson from the Replacements, guitar shredder Buckethead, drummer Brian "Brain" Mantia formerly of Primus, guitarist Richard Fortus from the former Psychedelic Furs and Love Spit Love, and keyboard player Chris Pittman.)

"Can you tell people why the tour ended at that point?" asked Trunk.

"Umm, no, not exactly," said Rose, declining to discuss it.

Plans are currently in the works for Rose to relaunch his comeback by playing four shows at New York's Hammerstein Ballroom over the next 10 days, then head to Europe to play several music festivals. The first Hammerstein show is May 12.

Rose said the band at the Hammerstein shows will be similar to the one that played the 2002 tour, except for a new lead guitarist, whom he declined to identify except to say it's not an old GN'R member. Buckethead left the band in 2004.

However, later in the broadcast, Rose seemed to contradict himself when he said he's been hobnobbing with former GN'R guitarist and songwriter Izzy Stradlin, and strongly hinted that Stradlin may show up for the Hammerstein shows.

Former GN'R guitar maestro Slash may end up back in the band as well, but probably not before the Hammerstein shows.

whats going on?
I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    No chance, they hate eachother.

Didnt Axl try to sue Slash (and Duff) again like a month or two ago? Cant see them ever collaberating again.
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    No, Slash will not join GNR. Because Axl said it wasn't a former member.
  • Options
    i guess CNN got it completely wrong then?
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    What has GnR put out since Izzy left?

A whole bunch of jack shit!!! It would be in Rose's best interest to get a guy back in the band who can actually write songs.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,140
    shahril wrote:
    i guess CNN got it completely wrong then?

Yes. CNN got it wrong.

When Axl asked original members if they would come back for some shows, part of the clause was that the former members would have to give up more royalties, ect.... just the same old axl bullshit. he's getting publicity out of it, but he wont get any former members.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    darn...wouldn it be awesome to see izzy slash and duff back again

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    shahril wrote:
    darn...wouldn it be awesome to see izzy slash and duff back again

Yes, but the chance is 0,000001%
  • Options
    Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    Milestone wrote:
    Yes. CNN got it wrong.

When Axl asked original members if they would come back for some shows, part of the clause was that the former members would have to give up more royalties, ect.... just the same old axl bullshit. he's getting publicity out of it, but he wont get any former members.

Axl is a piece of shit and I refuse to give him any money.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    It will not be Slash. That boat has sailed, my friends.
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 780
    Jammin909 wrote:
    Axl is a piece of shit and I refuse to give him any money.

I'm with ya on that one. Slash though - a true gentleman.
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    belfast1 wrote:
    I'm with ya on that one. Slash though - a true gentleman.

Totally! On another topic... didn't he publicly diss PJ once?