Widespread Panic appreciation...

Driftin'AlongDriftin'Along Posts: 1,403
edited March 2007 in Other Music
Two totally different realms of music but I thought I'd post it here because PJ fans seem to be appreciative of music in general so anybody who hasn't listened to Panic should. A couple of albums to try...Everyday (1993), 'Til the Medicine Takes (1999), Space Wrangler (1987 debut). These three do not have a bad song in my opinion...some are better than others obviously...
"Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neoneo Posts: 89
    i buy their shows online.

great stuff.
  • KricketKricket Posts: 707
    Anyone on here going to see WP in Cleveland in a few wks???
  • saw them at bonnaroo for two nights a few years ago, good stuff, i've heard remarks recently that suggested their current lineup is on fire, i know that one of the members either passed or left the band a while back, so i'm pretty sure those comments weren't directed towards that, anybody know what lineup change they were referring to or when this occured?
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • saw them at bonnaroo for two nights a few years ago, good stuff, i've heard remarks recently that suggested their current lineup is on fire, i know that one of the members either passed or left the band a while back, so i'm pretty sure those comments weren't directed towards that, anybody know what lineup change they were referring to or when this occured?

jimmy herring is god
  • oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    WP will be playing Wakarusa in June. According to the Waka web site, WP will be playing and extended set. Got my tix!!
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Driftin'AlongDriftin'Along Posts: 1,403
    saw them at bonnaroo for two nights a few years ago, good stuff, i've heard remarks recently that suggested their current lineup is on fire, i know that one of the members either passed or left the band a while back, so i'm pretty sure those comments weren't directed towards that, anybody know what lineup change they were referring to or when this occured?

Michael Houser was the original guitar player but he passed away in 2003 I believe. George McConnell filled in for a few years but was fired or quit...enter Jimmy Herring. Saw him for two nights in Vegas (Vegoose and Halloween). Jimmy was on fire for sure. JB is god.
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • thanks guys, now i'm actuallly looking forward to their set at bonnaroo this year, and if anyone's going sunday is going to look like this... wolfmother...wilco...the white stripes... widespread panic

not to shabby
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Great band!!!
  • KricketKricket Posts: 707
    Yeah Jimmy is awesome live!!!! I can't wait to see them live again!!!
  • allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    I've just been getting into them within the last couple years. Last night I saw them live for the second time, and the band was great.

BUT - man, were the drugs flying last night! I personally don't do drugs and I do not have a problem with people lighting up a joint during a show, but this was more than joints. Shrooms, ectasy, you name it, it was being sold or passed around in the audience. And, a lot of these fans were so fucked up they were just being annoying as hell. I actually left early because I was sick of people falling on me.

I don't remember it being like that the last time I saw them. I remember a lot of pot going around but it wasn't anything like it was last night. Maybe it was just where I was sitting?

It makes you wonder if their fanbase follows them for the music or for the drugs. I mean, these people were still dancing even after the music stopped.

I also discovered that there is even a support group for recovering addicts who are Panic fans...

http://www.soberfans.com/