Any other Secret Machine fans?

denverfandenverfan Posts: 218
edited September 2006 in Other Music
Getting ready for these guys to hit BOulder CO in October...I love their stuff!
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity but they've always worked for me." Gonzo

'If my fuckin' ex-wife told me to take care of her dog while her and her new boyfriend went to Honolulu, I'd tell her to go fuck herself." -The Dude

Whisky Drinker, Non-Hunter from Denver.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I have their first album and it is very cool. i have seen them twice and they are very good live.

I'm sure you will enjoy the show.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • I have the first 2 cds..the newest one i borrowed from a bud but it didn't wow me much.

The drums live are the coolest tho.
  • floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    They are a great live band.
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    I saw them open for Interpol in Toronto.....I had never heard them before that night and they completely blew me away - went straight out and picked up their album. Amazing live band....the drums are intense

....i also saw them this summer playing an outdoor festival show opening for Metric - another great show, although they arent really best suited to an outdoor show on a hot summer day
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i think they are great!!!! ..... alone, jealous and stoned ;)
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    toddiet123 wrote:
    The drums live are the coolest tho.

oh yeah john garza ( i think that is his name) is an awesome drummer!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • their song Alone, Jealous and Stoned is my absolute favorite song of the moment!
    they rocked Lollapalooza bigtime
  • RAD!!! I can't wait, thanks for the input!
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity but they've always worked for me." Gonzo

'If my fuckin' ex-wife told me to take care of her dog while her and her new boyfriend went to Honolulu, I'd tell her to go fuck herself." -The Dude

• Someone gave me their new CD and I like it quite a bit. I need to check out their older stuff.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • Great band!! I saw the opening for U2 and I really enjoyed them ,I love the song "alone, jealous and stoned" and the newest record is pretty good but yeah the 1st one is better!! you'll love the show they are a really amazing live band ;)
    Pearl Jam Mexico 2005, The greatest year ever!
    December 9, 10 - ESTA BIEN, ESTA BIEEEEEN!

www.myspace.com/clau_yellowled
  • I am huge fan of these guys. I'm catching them in Chicago next month, can't wait.

Have you seen them live yet? It will be an amazing live show!!!!!

Mind=Blown.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • great fucking band!
  • Great band!! I saw the opening for U2 and I really enjoyed them ,I love the song "alone, jealous and stoned" and the newest record is pretty good but yeah the 1st one is better!! you'll love the show they are a really amazing live band ;)

Nope not yet, my first time will be the 14th in Boulder! I'll report back on how the show went