Options

Bad Religion

lephtylephty Posts: 770
edited April 2008 in Other Music
are F-N amazing~...

been craving a different type of music lately and realized i have like no punk in my collection. so i went and got some ramones and buzzcocks and remembered a friend from high school that liked punk was big into Bad Religion. Mainly kept in my head cause Eddie Vedder appeared on 2 of the songs off of Recipe For Hate.

As soon as i heard the first song i knew i found what i was looking for. Fast music thats not crazy and heavy... just fast.. and the lyrics are very well written. I have since obtained almost all of there albums and am feeling quite obsesive about listening to them.

If you like punk(AND NOT THAT EMO CRAP!) and dont know bad religion, then you must go out asap to get a listen. I like them all but i think Generator has been in rotation more then the other albums. Eddie appears on the album Recipe For Hate on Kerosene and Man With a Mission i think it is. He isnt very discernable though so dont expect to hear him=p

it still amazes me that they really had no radio play.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lephty wrote:
    are F-N amazing~...

been craving a different type of music lately and realized i have like no punk in my collection. so i went and got some ramones and buzzcocks and remembered a friend from high school that liked punk was big into Bad Religion. Mainly kept in my head cause Eddie Vedder appeared on 2 of the songs off of Recipe For Hate.

As soon as i heard the first song i knew i found what i was looking for. Fast music thats not crazy and heavy... just fast.. and the lyrics are very well written. I have since obtained almost all of there albums and am feeling quite obsesive about listening to them.

If you like punk(AND NOT THAT EMO CRAP!) and dont know bad religion, then you must go out asap to get a listen. I like them all but i think Generator has been in rotation more then the other albums. Eddie appears on the album Recipe For Hate on Kerosene and Man With a Mission i think it is. He isnt very discernable though so dont expect to hear him=p

it still amazes me that they really had no radio play.

Yep they rawwwwwk :cool:
    I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stoney G.

http://www.myspace.com/ozbeachbum

7/11/06 - Sydney 1
    18/11/06 - Sydney 3
    19/11/06 - Newcastle Baby!
  • Options
    sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,033
    Bad Religion is an amazing band... seen them live 5 times, have pretty much everything they have ever released, even met the band once.

Love this band.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    Yeah they are awesome. Driving home from work Friday a local college radio station had an hour of Bad Religion. It was great. I was so pumped up for my Friday happy hour by the time i got home!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    Just saw them last week at Mexico city! It was a blast, felt like 18 again, a lot of youngsters in the crowd actually, I thought the sound could be louder and with best equalization, but they really rocked us out... even when they were a bit on the drunk side, they just seem to have a great time playing music for the fans, the crowd just sang everything. Once you see them live and how all these "punky wannabe bands" mimic all their music and movements, you really wonder to yourself, wtf? If you have the real thing, why go behind cheap and light substitutes.
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • Options
    transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    7-11-1995.

it was a good day.
  • Options
    EbizzieEbizzie Posts: 240
    Pennywise is another band you should check out.... bad religion is better but pennywise is pretty sweet.
    "Worse than traitors in arms are the men who pretend loyalty to the flag, feast and fatten on the misfortunes of the nation while patriotic blood is crimsoning the plains." -- Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    No Bad Religion song can make your life complete
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    RAT!RAT! Posts: 115
    transplant wrote:
    7-11-1995.

it was a good day.

yeah seeing bad religion at soldier field was fun

i remember them being a bit out of their element

i loved bad religion all through high school, but i think their

last good record was recipe for hate
  • Options
    I like New Maps of Hell. Check out Honest Goodbye.
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Options
    Them-BonesThem-Bones Posts: 518
    Yea Bad Religion kicks ass
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • Options
    lephtylephty Posts: 770
    woah..

/resurrection of a 2 year old thread.. that still holds true!
  • Options
    Went to my first Bad Religion show tonight. Have never seen myself as the biggest fan, but I knew all the songs so I guess.. I am a fan. 

They were fucking great live.  They were playing at an amusement park here in Sweden which is a weird combination. But they still rocked it.

Millencolin who opened for them had serious mixing issues though. Couldn't hear the singing, and I was in the front row.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    My first real concert was BR in 2007.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    cropdustdaircropdustdair Lakewood, CO / Earth Posts: 2,006
    edited September 2017
    smarchee said:
    No Bad Religion song can make your life
    complete

Post edited by cropdustdair on
  • Options
    cropdustdaircropdustdair Lakewood, CO / Earth Posts: 2,006
    How about "Incomplete"? Ha!
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,971
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    The Profane Rigths of Man

• Options
    Longueuil said:
    The Profane Rigths of Man

Found that to be a bit "bland" by their standards. 

Fuck You is a modern classic though, and their latest album was great, so their age or whatever is not a problem. Have high hopes for their next album.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    New song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEbd76i1S6Q

Sounds like they're having some fun on this album.
  • Options
    I’ve loved BR for as long as I can remember. Funny enough I was getting scared as I think the two in between songs (kids are alt right and profane rights of man) were both kind of awful...then I saw that neither made the new album and have really enjoyed all 3 tracks so far. Pumped for the full release. 
  • Options
    I’ve loved BR for as long as I can remember. Funny enough I was getting scared as I think the two in between songs (kids are alt right and profane rights of man) were both kind of awful...then I saw that neither made the new album and have really enjoyed all 3 tracks so far. Pumped for the full release. 
    I liked The Kids are Alt Right as a fun throwaway "lets put it up on youtube" song. More fun in that regard then, lets say, Can't Deny Me.

Profane rights of man I need to re-listen to.
  • Options