MMJ @ RCMH check in!

lephtylephty Posts: 770
edited June 2008 in Other Music
i'm going with 2 friends... i am really excited since i have yet to see them live and became a big fan of theirs thanks to of all the buzz about them opening for pj.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    im going with three friends...apparently my friend got absurdly good seats too (row 13!?)....im fucking psyched, i think this show is going to be epic
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    I'll be there with my wife and two friends. Flying in tomorrow morning. Can't wait!!
  • Ninjake79Ninjake79 Posts: 32
    I am expecting the show to be nothing less than incredible. It's advertised as One Special Evening on the show poster I got to purchase early at Bonnaroo.
  • JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 677
    In!

But I only had 4 hours of sleep after getting home from the Camden show at 1:30AM, so I'm not in very good shape.

I'll be in the 3rd mezz!!!
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 677
    Ninjake79 wrote:
    I am expecting the show to be nothing less than incredible. It's advertised as One Special Evening on the show poster I got to purchase early at Bonnaroo.

Is this the poster?

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/80731

I might have to get that one!
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    I'll be there with my buddy in the Orchestra. CANNOT WAIT!!!
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Just got back....totally KICK ASS show. These guys are top of the list for live bands around right now, absolutely blew the roof off Radio City. They played about 2 hours, 40 minutes. Fuckin' GREAT concert, I'd put it in my top 10.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    Seriously,
    If anyone ever has a chance to see this band live, just go. They put an incredible show last night at Radio City Music Hall.
    Jw
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    wow... amazing show.

my only complaint.... there was way to much rabble rabble going on. i was in the orchestra section towards the back (row p i think) and there were these annoying girls having conversations about anything and everything. who goes to a concert to talk about what's going on in life.. yeesh
  • lephty wrote:
    wow... amazing show.

my only complaint.... there was way to much rabble rabble going on. i was in the orchestra section towards the back (row p i think) and there were these annoying girls having conversations about anything and everything. who goes to a concert to talk about what's going on in life.. yeesh

I know what you mean....girls should be banned from concerts.
  • The_Fixer The_Fixer Posts: 255
    I went to see them here in Montreal the night I got back from the Roo in was in a tiny venue called Le National (700 max capacity)

I was able to get all the way to the front and it was an awesome show.

1. Intro
    2. Evil Urges
    3. Off the Record
    4. Gideon
    5. I'm Amazed
    6. Highly Suspicious
    7. Lay Low
    8. Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Pt. 1
    9. What A Wonderful Man
    10. Sec Walkin'
    11. Golden
    12. Thank you too
    13. The way that he sings
    14. Remnants
    15. Smokin' From Shootin'
    16. Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Pt. 2

ENCORE
    1. Wordless Chorus
    2. It Beats 4 U
    3. Dondante
    4. Run Thru
    5. Anytime
    6. One Big Holiday

At the end of the night, I snuck in back stage and their manager caught me and politely gave me the boot! lol .. my friend and I came back about an hour later and got to meet Patrick Hallahan who gave us high fives and took a few pictures with us.

Great way to cap off the Roo experience.
    Montreal 08/20/98 | New York 09/11/98 | Wantagh 08/24/00 | Montreal 10/04/00 | Montreal 06/29/03 | Montreal 09/15/05
    Toronto 05/10/06 | Vancouver 04/02//08 (Ed) | Manchester 06/14/08 | Montreal 08/09/08 (Ed) | Montreal 08/10/08 (Ed) 
    Albany 06/08/09 (Ed) | Philadelphia 10/31/09 | Montreal 09/07/11 | Ottawa 05/08/16 | Brooklyn 04/07/17 (RRHOF)
    Dana Point 09/09/17 (Ed) | Rome 06/26/18