Options

METALLICA Drummer LARS ULRICH Narrowly Avoids Pissdown At Houston Bar - Jan. 25, 2006

aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
edited January 2006 in Other Music
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=47396

METALLICA Drummer LARS ULRICH Narrowly Avoids Pissdown At Houston Bar - Jan. 25, 2006

According to Jason Gagnon of The Daily Cougar, "one brave man made an attempt to urinate on troll METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich" last Friday night (Jan. 20) at a Houston bar "before being tossed out by some of the 'musician's' entourage." Added Gagnon: "I know this isn't as awesome as the guy from the NORTH SIDE KINGS knocking out Danzig, but we should still treat local rocker Bill Fool (bands include BICKLEY and the DOWN 'N' DIRTIES) as a hero for trying to give that Napoleonic little bastard a golden shower.

"Of course, this is hard to believe, but there is photographic evidence of the encounter that is making its way to my mailbox shortly [view photo at this location; picture credit: Tracy Sanchez], and after talking to a barroom of people who witnessed this glorious event, allow me to provide you with a brief explanation of what went down.

"Bill was wasted out of his mind at the bar when some friends notice a rather short fellow who looked an awful lot like Ulrich in a corner. After some recon work, it turns out the guy was in town for the Basquiat exhibit (which you all should go visit on a daily basis) since he owns some of the paintings on display. So, in a moment of divine inspiration, Bill found someone with a camera, walked over to the rock star's table, exposes himself but is unfortunately thrust out of the venue before he could even squeeze out a drop.

"Having known the man for about a decade and having seen him do some pretty outlandish stuff (usually involving his unleashed genitalia), nothing has made me prouder to be his friend than his failed attempt at pulling an R. Kelly on one of the most annoying little jerks in music history. All hail Bill Fool!"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    he's such a dumb-ass
    "The whole world will be different soon"
  • Options
    he's such a dumb-ass
    Yes, Lars is a dumb ass.
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    shitty drummer, too
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    That's funny as hell. I have to give credit to a guy who tried to drench Lars in piss. ROLFLMAO. Here is Metallica's Problem: Lars is still in the band. If they fired his ass and got somene else, I think Metallica would would be back on top. This is just my 2 cents. I am sure hard core Metallica fans do not agree with me.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    I know what you mean. I can't stand all of those hardcore tallica fans that think they are the only good band ever. You can ask one what their top 5 favorite bands are and all of them would be metallica.

Fuck St. Anger. That is all.
  • Options
    Lars started the fucking thing, so unless he dies or quits, you're pretty much stuck with him, unfortunately. Same thing with James Hetfield.

They should've quit after the Black Album. Everything after that with the exception of Garage, Inc. either sounds like an Alice In Chains mockery (Load/Reload), or an attempt at being a shitty mainstream Linkin Park ripoff, combined with a half-assed musical effort (St. Anger).

I'm glad Lars almost got pissfaced. It'd have been better if the fucking idiots there didn't kick him out.
    Take a ride on the relationship:

http://www.myspace.com/unlockandunload
  • Options
    Should have quit after ...AJFA
  • Options
    LaFoursLaFours Posts: 42
    How about:
    'Tallica
    The Mighty Led Zep
    Jimi Hendrix Experience (not the Band of Gypsies)
    Black Sabbath (Ozzy Years)
    Nirvana

That's right Pearl Jam doesn't crack my top five. In fact of the bands that broke in the late 80's early 90s from Seattle, they're fourth. Yep I know.
    What if I said PJ should of quit after Vs.
  • Options
    gtbrown77gtbrown77 Posts: 140
    They should've quit after the Black Album. Everything after that with the exception of Garage, Inc. either sounds like an Alice In Chains mockery (Load/Reload), or an attempt at being a shitty mainstream Linkin Park ripoff, combined with a half-assed musical effort (St. Anger).

I'm not sure that even makes sense. While Load and Reload weren't exactly MOP or RTL, neither album really sounds anything like AIC, so I don't get that comparison whatsoever. And as far as being a "shitty mainstream Linkin Park ripoff".....(A) Linkin Park is in the mainstream (B) 'tallica is still four guys playing instruments and Jaymz singing (no turntables, no rapping) and (C) while St. Anger surely ins't their best work to date, it's still hella better than LP or Limp Bizkit, and they still kill playing live. So, saying they should've quit after Black Album is kinda silly.

What they NEED to do is get rid of Bob Rock as producer.....that (I think) would solve a lot of their problems
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
    -John Lennon
  • Options
    they haven't released a good metal album after AJFA. They released 2 decent rock albums, thouhg (the Loads)
  • Options
    LaFoursLaFours Posts: 42
    It's looking like Bob Rock, won't be producing their next album. He's slated to do Motley Crue's this spring.
    Rumors have been circulating for some time that Rick Rubin may be in line. I do like most of Rick's work, so who knows.
  • Options
    Echoes wrote:
    shitty drummer, too

man how can anyone say that.... he may be a fuck idiot but if you can find me someone who can play the whole and justice for all album i'll be impressed
    ...And Leave You Be If You Cross Me And Shake Your Hand Like A Man Not A God!!!
  • Options
    miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,452
    Metallica kicks ass..some of you people are retarted
    America...the greatest Country in the world.
  • Options
    sj_2150sj_2150 Posts: 275
    the owner of the club said its all a load of bullshit
    I wish my grass was emo... so then it would cut itself
    http://www.soundclick.com/Arcticangel
    http://www.soundclick.com/Armadillo
  • Options
    man how can anyone say that.... he may be a fuck idiot but if you can find me someone who can play the whole and justice for all album i'll be impressed
    There are plenty of drummers that could do this..
  • Options

Probably about 100% of all death/thrash/Black/Folk/Speed metal drummers.
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    Lars was a damn fine drummer when he was coked up in the 80's.

I have a feeling too much MTV exposure ruined Metallica. If they don't get it back together, I almost think Kirk Hammet should find a new band.