Alice in Chains - Seattle, WA 11/2006

aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
edited October 2006 in Other Music
Who else bought tickets to the upcoming Alice in Chains show for the 11/24/06 show at The Paramount? I did, I did!!!!

My birthday is 11/25...so this will be a birthday bash for ME and everyone here is invited!!! Of course, you have to buy a concert ticket. ;)

Anyhow, who has seen Alice on this tour? Is their new singer good? Does he sound anything like Layne?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    william DuVall (new singer) does a very good job in my opinion. He is not layne don't expect him to be. I have not seen this AIC tour, but i saw jerry tour 3 times solo and William was with him each time and they did AIC songs and they sounded great.

I'll be seeing them in Atlanta on 10/10 i too am excited :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    intodeep wrote:
    william DuVall (new singer) does a very good job in my opinion. He is not layne don't expect him to be. I have not seen this AIC tour, but i saw jerry tour 3 times solo and William was with him each time and they did AIC songs and they sounded great.

I'll be seeing them in Atlanta on 10/10 i too am excited :)
    Awesome! I am real excited as well! Nah, I don't expect layne at all. I am just jacked to see the band playing together again.

Thanks for the reply! :)
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Saw them a little while back when they played a small venue in London. It was awesome. as intodeep said, Duvall is not Layne and we don't expect him to be (well.. some might want a layne clone!). He's good and pulls it off magnificently. You'll have a great time! I hope they come back to London soon. :)
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Myfriend saw them two nights ago in Austin, and she said it was awesome. She had doubts at first, but said he did a spectacular job. I hope they put a dvd out of this tour, cause I missed them because I was not real sure about seeing AIC without Layne, but I am regretting it now. I did buy tix to the Who for November and Frampton for October so that put me in the poor house after rent. Otherwise I would go see AIC in Houston on Sunday. My friend said Jerry said they would be back... so I may get a chance later on. I have a strong feeling AIC may record a new album soon... just a hunch.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12