The Eminem Show

aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
edited June 2006 in Other Music
What a fucking great album!!! Screw all you haters, Eminem is talented and this is a phenominal album!!!

I listened to this album on repeat when it came out. And i just popped it back in after not hearing it for a long while.....good stuff!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    I like Without Me. That's my rap song bitches! :D
  • jhawk98jhawk98 Posts: 145
    danny72688 wrote:
    I like Without Me. That's my rap song bitches! :D

Its cool that you enjoy the dude and his albums, but I can't share your enthusiasm.

I can in no way see how this nasally white dude whose rhymes, while sometimes clever, have no flow at all, and who tries WAY to hard to posture himself like a hardass. That routine is played out for black hip-hop artists, and I certainly aint buyin it from a this guy. He reminds of so many idiots that went to my high school and thought they were something they were not. To me, this guy is why a lot of people are close-minded and say they don't like rap.

But hey, I hear he's got a new movie coming out, so that should make his fans happy. what an artist....
    rock chalk
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I agree. It is a pretty good album. I liked the Marshall Mathers LP too, but Eminem show was a better album. The MM LP got kind of dark and angry towards the end.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    jhawk98 wrote:
    Its cool that you enjoy the dude and his albums, but I can't share your enthusiasm.

I can in no way see how this nasally white dude whose rhymes, while sometimes clever, have no flow at all, and who tries WAY to hard to posture himself like a hardass. That routine is played out for black hip-hop artists, and I certainly aint buyin it from a this guy. He reminds of so many idiots that went to my high school and thought they were something they were not. To me, this guy is why a lot of people are close-minded and say they don't like rap.

But hey, I hear he's got a new movie coming out, so that should make his fans happy. what an artist....

I like that song only, don't know why. Lyrics maybe??? Anyway, I hate Eminem as a person. Can't even take it from Triumph... Pussy!
    danny72688 wrote:
    I like that song only, don't know why. Lyrics maybe??? Anyway, I hate Eminem as a person. Can't even take it from Triumph... Pussy!

Bam. When you can't laugh at yourself with a dog puppet, you've got some confidence issues. It just shows even more how hard this guy is trying to put out this image of a badass.

There are so many hip-hop artists who write better ryhmes, actually have a talent for executing those ryhmes vocally, actually say something worthwhile in those rhymes, don't put up some constant facade for the media, and just blow this guy out of the water in every way (at least for me).
    rock chalk
    jhawk98 wrote:
    Bam. When you can't laugh at yourself with a dog puppet, you've got some confidence issues. It just shows even more how hard this guy is trying to put out this image of a badass.

There are so many hip-hop artists who write better ryhmes, actually have a talent for executing those ryhmes vocally, actually say something worthwhile in those rhymes, don't put up some constant facade for the media, and just blow this guy out of the water in every way (at least for me).
    and Don't forget the anger management speech, and the brutal on stage murder of the crank yanker puppet!!
  • azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 703
    married, not married
    married, nor married
    married, not married
    married, not married
    great rapper, awful actor
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
    red mos wrote:
    and Don't forget the anger management speech, and the brutal on stage murder of the crank yanker puppet!!

ooh I don't think I know about the crank yanker puppet deal. Did he seriously go off on yet another plastic talking hand, or was it all in fun?
    rock chalk
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    jhawk98 wrote:

I can in no way see how this nasally white dude whose rhymes, while sometimes clever, have no flow at all

Actually his flow is pretty damn good. That's why he is respected by the majority of the hip hop community. The guy rhymes things that you just don't think of.

Is he my favorite hip hop artist? Not even close. But he is talented and does release good albums.

If it wasn't for him being all over MTV I think more hardcore music fans would like him.
    NERDS!
    jhawk98 wrote:
    ooh I don't think I know about the crank yanker puppet deal. Did he seriously go off on yet another plastic talking hand, or was it all in fun?
    Yeah it was actually really funny. I believe it was the year after the whole Triumph dog and Moby deal at the MTV music awards following that fiasco with Moby. Em comes out to accept an award for best song or something, and tells the crowd he has been taking some anger classes... and thanks them. Then one of the crank yanker puppets comes up in front of the mike stand while Em is giving his speech, and starts going EMINEM WON..YEAH YEAH YEAH like it does on the crank yanker show, and Em starts to get annoyed, but smiles and pats the puppet on the back, (with an expression like thanks, but I'm trying to give a speech here). The puppet does it louder and faster and Eminem grabs him in a headlock and rips his head off. I think there was blood on the neck of the puppet too.
    Actually his flow is pretty damn good. That's why he is respected by the majority of the hip hop community. The guy rhymes things that you just don't think of.

Is he my favorite hip hop artist? Not even close. But he is talented and does release good albums.

If it wasn't for him being all over MTV I think more hardcore music fans would like him.

I listen to one of his tunes and then something from A Tribe Called Quest with QTip for example, and its a joke. That is an MC who can flow. There is no comparison.

I will give you that he comes up with some clever actual ryhmes but his delivery is awful. He has been the benefit of Dre's production skills and the media hype-machine.

Plus he obviously has a distaste for puppets. What kind of person doesn't like puppets man?!! Puppets!!!
    rock chalk
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    jhawk98 wrote:
    I listen to one of his tunes and then something from A Tribe Called Quest with QTip for example, and its a joke. That is an MC who can flow. There is no comparison.

I will give you that he comes up with some clever actual ryhmes but his delivery is awful. He has been the benefit of Dre's production skills and the media hype-machine.

Plus he obviously has a distaste for puppets. What kind of person doesn't like puppets man?!! Puppets!!!

Well comparing eminem to ATCQ is like comparing Puddle of Mudd to Pearl Jam.

I'm gonna see tribe at Bumbershoot this summer. I can't wait!
    NERDS!
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    aNiMaL wrote:
    What a fucking great album!!! Screw all you haters, Eminem is talented and this is a phenominal album!!!

I listened to this album on repeat when it came out. And i just popped it back in after not hearing it for a long while.....good stuff!!

Eminem show is okay but nothing beats the Slim Shady LP
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Well comparing eminem to ATCQ is like comparing Puddle of Mudd to Pearl Jam.
    quote]

Exactly.

and there are PLENTY of other MC's that would draw the same kind of comparison.

RUN DMC, Chuck D, KRS1, The Roots, Jay Z, NAS,Wu Tang, LL Cool J,...

All of these folks flow. Eminem.... not so much.
    rock chalk
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Some of his older stuff is ok but the newest stuff is absolutely terrible. Im sure real old skool hip hoppers feel sick when they hear the shitty beats that he produces.

That song he did a couple years back with d12, my band, is fucking ridiculous. i can only really be bothered with de la soul, gang starr, tribe called quest, abdominal when it comes to hip hop. Most of the new stuff i hear is just awful pop music.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • I really like Eminem's music. I don't know if I'd pick The Marshall Mathers Lp or The Eminem Show as my favorite. MM has "The Way I Am," "Stan,' and has so many very personal songs it is hard to pick against it.

But, The Eminem Show is one of the best 9/11 records. None of this easy "Where Were You?" stuff. Eminem was one of the first artists to put the b.s. we were fed into really good music. Good rap songs saying how one of the biggest tragedies in American history would be used for political agendas."Square Dance" is a perfect example of that. It also has "Business,' which has one of the greatest verses ever (The one about his duet w/Elton John).

I think I listened to The Eminem Show a million times the summer it came out. (I didn't listen to Marshall Mathers as much, since it was released around the same time as Binaural).
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage