Prince - "Purple Rain" soundtrack

aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
edited June 2008 in Other Music
One of his best albums, that, while maybe a little dated, still is fun to listen to every now and again. Right now is one of those times for me.

I forgot what a badass guitar player Prince is. And he has only gotten better over the years.

Give it up and put your hands together for this blast from the past album!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    great GREAT album.....only thing i really like of prince......i love the title track :)
  • JamnJodiJamnJodi Posts: 16
    I remember lifting this in the 3rd grade cuz my mom wouldn't let me buy it (very sheltered, therefore rebellious). I played it all the time. Thanks for reminding me that it is one of my top ten favorite albums...at least top 15. I also remember sneaking into the movie, in fact, Apollonia(sp?) may have been my first "girl crush".
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Classic!
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Computer Blue
    Darling Nikki
    Let's Go Crazy
    When Doves Cry...
    I would die 4 u

Great album!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    I love this album!
  • jezebeloriajezebeloria Posts: 600
    Must have seen this movie a hundred times. One of the few flicks I can actually quote from. Listening to the soundtrack brings back some very fond memories. Might have to pull this one out and dust it off soon.
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    I bought this on vinyl from a record store..........it came with a bitchin poster too!
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I bought this on vinyl from a record store..........it came with a bitchin poster too!
    I had it on vinyl as a kid. You can play the track after Darling Nikki (very end of side 1) backwards and he is saying something. I forget what though.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Man what a classic album makes me want to pull it out on vinyl except I don't have a turntable. It's broken, *Come Back Nikki Come Back*

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    NICE! I was in 3rd grade when that came out, older sister was in 5th. She made me listen to it over and over.....along with Thriller. That was a huge battle...Prince or MJ????
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i was in a bar the first time i saw the when doves cry video.
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    i have the vinyl as well
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?