The Presidents at the Showbox....who else is going?

aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
edited February 2007 in Other Music
Anyone else here gonna check out The Presidents of the United States of America at the Showbox next weekend? I'll be there for the Friday show.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Wow, I had no idea they were still around.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    mwachsman wrote:
    Wow, I had no idea they were still around.

My thoughts exactly.

I saw PUSA back in '96 at a small club in town. They were arguably at the height of their popularity - I think Peaches was the #1 video on MTV at the time. I remember it was freezing cold outside and the mosh pit (where I was at) was packed. I had to hold onto my coat for the whole show while I jumped up and down. It was a fun show, though.
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    They're a fun band. Volcano is a truly great pop song. If they came back east I would definitly try to go
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • daanartsdaanarts Posts: 130
    saw them couple of times.. always a great party. i suggest go if u can!
    I change by not changing at all.
  • darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
    hoping they will make it to london for the summer. also they should be releasing a new album this year
  • i love every song on their debut album
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • i'll be there with a bunch of friends on sunday night
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Lump sat alone in a boggy marsh
    Totally motionless except for her heart
    Mud flowed up into lumps pyjammas
    She totally confused all the passing piranhas
    Shes lump shes lump
    Shes in my head
    Shes lump shes lump shes lump
    She might be dead
    Lump lingered last in line for brains
    And the ones she got were sorta rotten and insane
    Small things so sad that birds could land
    Is lump fast asleep or rockin out with the band

Shes lump shes lump
    Shes in my head
    She might be dead

Lump was limp and lonely and needed a shove
    Lump slipped on a kiss and tumbled into love
    She spent her twenties between the sheets
    Life limped along at subsonic speeds

Shes lump shes lump
    Shes in my head
    She might be dead

Is this lump out of my head I think so
    Is this lump out of my head
    Lump....err Bump! ;)
    What a kickass show that was last night!!! They sounded so tight and they have such great stage presence. The Presidents are always a great time!!! If you are in the Seattle area this weekend.....go to the Showbox and see these guys!! I highly reccomend it.
  • GRIMMYGRIMMY Posts: 370
    Any east coast shows that you no?
    grimmy
    GRIMMY wrote:
    Any east coast shows that you no?
    Not that I know of...but if they do come your way....go see them!! :)
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Damn, I'd love to see these guys. I've heard such great things. I highly doubt they will come to Texas any time soon though, but I would love to see them. I can't even remember the last time they played in Texas? :( :confused: :eek:
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • I'm going tonight. They played a free show a few years ago at UW, they're a lot of fun. It's so clever that they play during Presidents' Day weekend.
    I'm going tonight. They played a free show a few years ago at UW, they're a lot of fun. It's so clever that they play during Presidents' Day weekend.
    How was Saturday's show????
  • woo tonight...haven't been to a concert since the 2 gorge shows last year...does anyone know if emerald city guitars is open on sundays?
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    Went to Saturday's show and it was high energy as usual. Always a fun show to see. The opening band should have stayed home though.....
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • It was a lot of fun. The first opening band was entertaining, but the second one sucked (although I loved their entrance).
    woo tonight...haven't been to a concert since the 2 gorge shows last year...does anyone know if emerald city guitars is open on sundays?
    Give us a review from Sunday's show!!! :D
    It was a lot of fun. The first opening band was entertaining, but the second one sucked (although I loved their entrance).
    I loved their tin foil costume entrance for sure....but they did suck. I couldn't distinguish between their songs.
  • Yeah, their songs all sounded the same. And I think they were trying a bit too hard to be charismatic and witty. Although I did like the bit about how the bassist had never been hit in the face with foil, so everyone was throwing foil at him throughout the set.