Highway To Hell & Dirty Deed Done Dirt Cheap

aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
edited December 2006 in Other Music
Two phenomenal AC/DC albums....I do highly recommend them.

I just picked them each up on LP after having them both when I was a kid on vinyl and on CD. But now I am spinning them again on really clean scratch free vinyl!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Mother fucking R.I.P. BON SCOTT!!!!!!
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Hey ANIMAL,

I have to agree, AC/DC rocks. Have you seen the family Jewels dvd? It's a bunch of music videos and it's pretty cool. I wish they'd tour again :(
    I second the RIP Bon Scott :( "Walk all over you" is one of my favorite songs that he wrote.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
    red mos wrote:
    Hey ANIMAL,

I have to agree, AC/DC rocks. Have you seen the family Jewels dvd? It's a bunch of music videos and it's pretty cool. I wish they'd tour again :(
    I second the RIP Bon Scott :( "Walk all over you" is one of my favorite songs that he wrote.
    Hey red mos!!! You and I always have agreed on other music! :D

I am surprised there are not more AC/DC fans here to appreciate these albums and Bon Scott.
  • aNiMaL wrote:
    Hey red mos!!! You and I always have agreed on other music! :D

I am surprised there are not more AC/DC fans here to appreciate these albums and Bon Scott.

AC/DC is great cock rock. And I mean that in a good way.
    NERDS!
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    love both albums!
    Touch Too Much is probably my fave AC/DC song ever
    but personally my fave AC/DC album has to be Let There Be Rock
    red mos wrote:
    that dvd was just a wish come true for me.
    my only complain was the Highway to Hell video..would have loved the promo version.
    watching the "Fly on the Wall" thing made me cringe for awhile though :D
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • robblerobble Posts: 63
    the dance routine from the female pool player in the fly on the wall series was just cringeworthy! the hairstyle...eeeeugggghhhh.
    Astoria 20-4-06, Dublin 23-8-06, London 18-06-07
    It's A Right Royal Cockney Barrel Of Monkeys
    All Monkfish Great And Small
  • bigmuzzbigmuzz Posts: 299
    yes, i agree, RIP bon scott......

ive never really liked the new guy... (yes, the 'new guy', still called that by many people, even after 26 odd years! haha)

high voltage is an awesome album too.....
    Sydney Wed 8 Nov 2006....

when all are one and one is all, to be a rock and not to roll.........

see me @ www.myspace.com/bigmuzz

keep on rockin!.......
  • it's all about the black album.. ooh yeah \m/
  • bigmuzz wrote:

ive never really liked the new guy... (yes, the 'new guy', still called that by many people, even after 26 odd years! haha)

His name is Brian Johnson. Call me crazy, but I like Brian's voice better. Whoever is singing though, they fucking rock.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
    bigmuzz wrote:

While I do like the original Bon Scott....how could you actually not like Brian Johnson?

In the history of bands changing lead singers there has never been a more smooth transition going from Bon Scott to Brian Johnson. Brian does a tremendous job singing Bon old songs and Brains new songs with AC/DC. Hands together for Brian Johnson for sure......and honor the man who was Bon Scott.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Not sure if these guys travel a whole lot, but there is a Tremendous AC/DC cover band from Dallas called Back in Black. It was really my first time seeing cover bands, but this show was pretty sweet... my jaw was on the floor. I was suprised how good they were. The lead singer would sound like Bon Scott one minute and Brian Johnson on another song... amazing vocal range. My friend has seen them twice, although when we saw them they did not play any Brian Johnson Era songs cause they got a new guitarist who only knew the old stuff and was still perfecting the Back and black and on era. If these guys do tour, I highly suggest checking them out. :D We saw them open Bone Bash 2005 with April wine, Jackyl, and Night Ranger.

http://backinblack.info/Press.html
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • yay acdc fans!

they are my fav band ever, the rumor mill is spinning that they are going to make a new ablum or are in the process of making it

fav ablums are High Voltage raw bon the best and Highway To Hell
    Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution...

Hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away...

they are my fav band ever, the rumor mill is spinning that they are going to make a new ablum or are in the process of making it
    yeh that's been the story since 2003 or so...let's hope 2007 is the year..am dying for some new acca dacca!
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • paddypaddy Posts: 104
    All the Bon Scott albums were cool. The outstanding one for me was Powerage. You gotta love Cold hearted man.
    Hello, is there anybody in there?
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    and by strange chance I only bought these two albums this year.
    Why is "LEt there be rock" so dear?
    paddy wrote:
    All the Bon Scott albums were cool. The outstanding one for me was Powerage. You gotta love Cold hearted man.
    nice call..it's probably the most underrated album from the Bon era
    i really like the track "What's Next to the Moon"
    fada wrote:
    Why is "LEt there be rock" so dear?
    it's got 2 of the most rockin' AC/DC tracks in my opinion with "Whole Lotta Rosie" and the title track
    "Overdose" and "Hell ain't a Bad Place to Be" are just great too.
    great bluesy stuff too..if you can try to get your hands on the Aussie version with "Crabsody in Blue"

YNWA
  • aNiMaL wrote:
    Two phenomenal AC/DC albums....I do highly recommend them.

I just picked them each up on LP after having them both when I was a kid on vinyl and on CD. But now I am spinning them again on really clean scratch free vinyl!!!

Dude this is sweet....just the concept of getting good vinyl, and listening to some great classic music that is absolutely still good. I have a collection of vinyl, just not the player yet. Waiting for the right time....

Did someone mention April Wine in another post? Sign of the Gypsy Queen taking me back, man....
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010