Props to "Dark Side of the Moon"

aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
edited December 2007 in Other Music
I just popped the LP on the turntable and am listening to it in a slight alcohol induced state. Still, after all these years, and so many other phenomenal albums from so many other artists, this album still stands at the front.

Every please, do me the honor of raising your glasses, putting your hands together and giving homage to Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon." A brilliant album in it's entirety.

Give it a spin or pop it in your CD players at this time.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Easily a contender for best album ever !!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Easily a contender for best album ever !!
    No question, this album is a favorite in the running for best album ever.

One of my personal best concert moments ever was seeing Pink Floyd in Vancouver, BC in 1994, and having them play Dark Side in it's entirety, all the way through....fucking LIVE!!! I'll go to my grave never forgetting that show.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    That would have ben great. I have to settle for the Pulse DVD, but that's cool.

OK, I'll put it on tonight.
    Music is not a competetion.
    That would have ben great. I have to settle for the Pulse DVD, but that's cool.

OK, I'll put it on tonight.
    Yeah yeah. Pulse, that was the tour I saw!!!! Just, not in Earls Court like the video. BC Place Stadium in Vancouver for me. But the same show. I have that on VHS.
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    aNiMaL wrote:
    One of my personal best concert moments ever was seeing Pink Floyd in Vancouver, BC in 1994, and having them play Dark Side in it's entirety, all the way through....fucking LIVE!!! I'll go to my grave never forgetting that show.

Uh, I think you already are.

PF only performed Dark Side three times in the North American part of the tour, and all were at the very end of the tour- once in Detroit and twice in New Jersey.

The did play the majority of the album (StM/Breathe, Time/Breathe Repise, Great Gig, Money, & Us & Them), but didn't play it in order or in it's entirety.

Not trying to crush your memories or anything, here. I'm just a Floyd nut.
    Damn you Andy Slash!!!

It was 13 years ago and many, many, many bong tokes ago.

My hazy memory takes nothing away from this album. :)
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    I don't think anything can take away from the album.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    i'm not a floyd fanatic, but i have dark side and i agree that it's brilliant
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • I agree, brilliant.

I've seen The Australian Pink Floyd Show do it live twice, fantastic. Better than Roger Waters.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V