darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
edited June 2006 in Other Music
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5062798.stm

not a fan of the band but hey....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    GalianaGaliana Posts: 554
    They will be performing in Tampa in October (I can't remember the exact date), so they're not ignoring the South completely--unlike a certain band from Seattle...
    Don't threaten me with a good time.
  • Options
    bryanfurybryanfury Posts: 460
    Galiana wrote:
    They will be performing in Tampa in October (I can't remember the exact date), so they're not ignoring the South completely--unlike a certain band from Seattle...

i know! i thought of PJ when i saw this news. maybe this is why they didn't come here. didn't want to deal with the ignorant fucks.

can't blame them, but still pissed i don't get to see them (pj, not dixie chicks)
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    Galiana wrote:

PJ skipping the South has more to do with a business decision than a politically-oriented one.

They didn't sell-out many of the seats in the South in 2003. I think they're waiting to come back until the new album buzz has had a chance to build.

Dixie Chicks, on the other hand, should still do well. They're not going to completely forsake the fanbase that made them who they are.

For the record, I like the evolution of the Dixie Chicks, though.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020