Foo's bring Gil back for new album!!!!

darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
edited April 2007 in Other Music
God i hope this means they go back to their colour and the shape era... gil is a brill producer and the foo's need someoone to bring them back into focus.. the last album was pretty good but not a patch on colour and the shape...
http://www.punknews.org/article/23441
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• he also did amazing work with the now (defunct) Catherine Wheel in the 90's on "Chrome" & "Happy Days"
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    They could of had a really good album last time if they had taken the first disc and put in some of the best songs from the second disc. The whole double album thing was a bad decsion, but the songs(at least on the first disc) were much better than the One By One songs and I actually enjoyed most of them more than the majority of TINLTL.

This seems like good news, Grohl seems to be writing better songs recently, hopefully more focused producer will result in a better overall album.
  • If the foo's next album is as good as TCATS I'll crap myself.

It's not that I don't love Dave,.. I think they're still making great music (though the last 3 records have been spotty) but Dave's going to have to really push himself like he used to.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    CM1847 wrote:

This seems like good news, Grohl seems to be writing better songs recently, hopefully more focused producer will result in a better overall album.

Skin n' Bones is awesome.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    that is awesome! Gil is an AMAZING producer...he produced one of my favorite Pixies' albums of all time: BOSSNOVA :D

I agree. The Colour and the Shape is one of Foos BEST albums :)
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • MeddleDeal wrote:
    that is awesome! Gil is an AMAZING producer...he produced one of my favorite Pixies' albums of all time: BOSSNOVA :D

I agree. The Colour and the Shape is one of Foos BEST albums :)
    Finally someone else who loves Bossanova :cool:

TCATS IS the Foo's best album. No denying that. The self titled comes close but lacks depth and the following records aren't as consistant. About half of each of their records since (at best) are at TCATS quality.

For example the first half of There is Nothing Left to Lose (+MIA) is great but the rest is a bit boring.

Annnnnyway... maybe this Gil fella can take out the pop rock sound that the last record had.

"Make our day"
  • darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
    Finally someone else who loves Bossanova :cool:

TCATS IS the Foo's best album. No denying that. The self titled comes close but lacks depth and the following records aren't as consistant. About half of each of their records since (at best) are at TCATS quality.

For example the first half of There is Nothing Left to Lose (+MIA) is great but the rest is a bit boring.

Annnnnyway... maybe this Gil fella can take out the pop rock sound that the last record had.
    who doesnt love bossanova?! its brilliant.

in daves own words... one by one was "CHUD"...now i dont know exactly what "chud" means but i assume it means it was shit...
  • darkcrow wrote:
    who doesnt love bossanova?! its brilliant.

in daves own words... one by one was "CHUD"...now i dont know exactly what "chud" means but i assume it means it was shit...
    lolz. :)

Actually a lot of people despise Bossanova for some reason. I don't get it.

"Make our day"
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    There Is Nothing Left To Lose is by far my favorite Foos album. It just fucking rocks hardcore style... nuvcourse TCATS has Everlong, Hey, Johnny Park!, Enough Space, etc etc, but TINLTL just owns it...
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    i agree with you guys on how the one by one and TINLTS had amazing moments and not-as-amazing moments(though still solid) but I think the last one was actually awesome, with only a few acoustic tunes not quite standing up all the time. But I can justify the double album since the halves really couldnt have worked together and each half has some amazing stuff on it
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Foo Fighters after TCATS = cheese
  • i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    There Is Nothing Left To Lose is by far my favorite Foos album. It just fucking rocks hardcore style... nuvcourse TCATS has Everlong, Hey, Johnny Park!, Enough Space, etc etc, but TINLTL just owns it...
    TINLTL is my favourite. I love every album they make but that just does it for me. You can't go past Aurora and Ain't it the Life. Even Generator has a Police feel to it in the verses.
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I thought that one by one was a poor album aside from a few songs and was worried that they were maybe past it now, but the newest album was a bit of a return to form. Colour and the shape is my favourite but they are still bring out great material.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    TINLTL is my favourite. I love every album they make but that just does it for me. You can't go past Aurora and Ain't it the Life. Even Generator has a Police feel to it in the verses.

Hell yeah, and when Headwires kicks in with that chorus, fucking awesome..
    If I could, think I would give in.