Mudhoney - Easy Street Records - 5/20/08

Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
edited May 2008 in Other Music
Today was Mudhoney Day and Easy Street Records celebrated with a free show at their Queen Anne location.

I don't have the setlist handy. I'll edit when I do.

But, let me say. IT FUCKING ROCKED!!!!!

Plus, the guys stayed after the show to sign things and chat. They were totally cool.

All I can think right now is... AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! :D

Here's a link to the show, they were kind enough to stream it since Mudhoney Day should be shared the world around. :p

http://app.synclive.com/?show/21779

Cheers!

Ms. einatshaul, where are your pics???? - Look at the video, you and I are right up front. Yeeehaw. :)
Walking can be a real trip
"We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Mudride
    Grace
    I'm Now
    The Open Mind
    Inside Out Over
    The Lucky Ones
    New Meaning
    Shimmering
    Street Waves
    Next Time
    Tales of Terror
    Hate
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Awesome. Thanks! Wish I could have been there. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Oh YES they Rocked. Such a grounded feel to them. Awesome experience.
    (I hate my hair from the back :))

The new CD is Amazing live too
  • Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    Happy Friday Bump - for all who may be looking for something to do besides work the link to the show is still up and running.

http://app.synclive.com/?show/21779
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Awesome. I wish they would play manchester. Anyone heard the new album yet? Not a lot of Mudhoney love on here...
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    It gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling , and lots of aches and pains , to read the posts in this thread. The description of the show and the guys in the band reminds me alot of my "Under a Billion Suns" cd release show experience at The Crocodile. The show and release party were held the night before the 2006 Flight To Mars benefit. Standing at the front of the stage was a great and painful experience.The pit was crazy.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Just bought two tickets to see Mudhoney at a small venue in Pontiac near Detroit. Cannot Wait! They were only $19 too.
  • One of my favorite live show moments was at a Mudhoney show. This young guy jumped on the stage and started playing air guitar until a crew member jumped up to get him down. When the young guy saw the crew member, he went for a stage dive, and it was totally like the stage dive Jack Black does at the beginning of School of Rock. Basically, everyone in the crowd backed up, and the guy fell on his face. Everyone laughed, including the band.
  • Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    mole1985 wrote:
    Awesome. I wish they would play manchester. Anyone heard the new album yet? Not a lot of Mudhoney love on here...
    In fact I'll go to see them in london...
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    mole1985 wrote:
    Anyone heard the new album yet?
    I picked up the new album yesterday, but I've only listened to the first half of it. As the Rolling Stone article alludes, it's got the same kind of feel as Under a Billion Suns, which is good for me because I really like Under a Billion Suns. From the songs I've listened to, it's shaping up to be a really solid album and I think I will come to really like this one too.
    Puck78 wrote:
    In fact I'll go to see them in london...

I would but i cant afford to do that this year
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • MohabMohab Posts: 310
    seeing them at the mohawk place in buffalo, should be good.
  • Saw them in Louisville, KY last night. Great, great show and great performance. the new tracks were great, and it was fun to see Mark jumping around the stage without his guitar for those new tracks. He can really own a stage.
  • mxaaronmxaaron Posts: 92
    Saw them in Louisville, KY last night. Great, great show and great performance. the new tracks were great, and it was fun to see Mark jumping around the stage without his guitar for those new tracks. He can really own a stage.

I was there too; great show! However Mark seemed embarrassed about the Louisville/Lexington mix up...
  • mxaaron wrote:
    I was there too; great show! However Mark seemed embarrassed about the Louisville/Lexington mix up...

HAHA! yeah, that was great.
  • Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    It's for ages that I wasn't so much into an album like for 'the lucky ones': it's very great and it grows a lot at each listening... all of you, go and buy it!
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
    Puck78 wrote:
    It's for ages that I wasn't so much into an album like for 'the lucky ones': it's very great and it grows a lot at each listening... all of you, go and buy it!

...i just did:D
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007