sad Ryan Adams song

bossman3188bossman3188 Posts: 263
edited May 2007 in Other Music
I just heard "La Cienega Just Smiled" by Ryan Adams and i think it is one of the saddest songs i've ever heard. any thoughts on the song or artist?
there'll be time for laughin'
there's no time to cry
soon i will be leavin'
look me in the eye
no matter what's in front of me
it's your face that i'll see
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    Gold is one of my favorite albums. Another great heart wrenching song by Ryan is 'The End'. Makes me tear up sometimes. I love him. Even though he is an asshat.
    Cock Fight.
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    i wish i had more of a life in college. i remember sitting around and listening to this one, along with heartbreaker and demolition, for hours. the whole ryan-whiskeytown fascination was important for me, helping me to transition to some other genres and so forth.

'how'd i end up feeling so bad for such a little girl?'... daaaaamn that's a lyric.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    One of my favourite Ryan Adams songs, his voice is awesome. Great album too.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    In my top 5 right now for all time favorite songs. Gold is a remarkable album, that I think all the elitist Ryan Adams fans automatically write off. Good stuff.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    beautiful song. Gold is really underrated, I feel. saw him live with the cardinals... cracking show, awful audience. they made him leave midway through the final song because he got so pissed off with the heckling. I felt so bad for him.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • verb_to_trustverb_to_trust Posts: 178
    I love La Cienga........i think i've dated one or two of her in my lifetime. awesome song.

And people say he's hit or miss live......but check out how rediculously good "touch, feel, lose" is in this clip.......at the 2:30 mark he's almost channeling Janis Joplin.......its wild.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jj3bzTdZiI
    and here is why people think they can heckle ryan or dislike him.....i think its halarious but still probably a bad idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoTUXBbaFjE&mode=related&search=
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6h6MWVtq0M&mode=related&search=

i was in attendance for this one. talk about a smoking performance, along with his cover of 'brown sugar' that day. at the time the comment about sexual energy was a bit annoying and cocky, but now it just makes me laugh, alot. especially the 'fuuuucking' part. i've seen him once since and it wasn't even close to this kind of energy. can't wait for the new record!
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    and here is why people think they can heckle ryan or dislike him.....i think its halarious but still probably a bad idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoTUXBbaFjE&mode=related&search=

See I can totally understand where he is coming from, it's like some of the reviews of the Cornell show I went to last week, as far as my opinion as a fan goes, he was engaging, showed personality, and more than anything, didn't have to be an OTT performer, cause his voice ultimately is what makes the show. If this writer is making a point of trashing Ryan Adams EVERY time he plays that city, that's pretty shitty. Why not let someone else who actually enjoys his music do the review? It would be like sending me to review a fucking Beyonce concert or something!!

Oh and that video of touch,feel,lose - AMAZING!

Oh and that video of touch,feel,lose - AMAZING!

it really really is.......
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    all i have to say is i love ryan adams. :)

oh and if you can, take a listen to i see monsters from love is hell.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • KellerKeller Posts: 177
    amazing song but i have to say "the rescue blues" is my favorite on gold. The lyrics are just amazing through the whole album.

"And everybody wants to see you fall
    That's why they always love to get you high"
    "Be what you want to be, see what you came to see"
  • vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,091
    I just heard "La Cienega Just Smiled" by Ryan Adams and i think it is one of the saddest songs i've ever heard. any thoughts on the song or artist?

That song is very sad, but so great! Ryan Adams....there's no one like him. :)

"When The Stars Go Blue" is fantastic as well.
    We’ll meet again, but not yet…not yet. 
  • he has lots of sad songs, and they're all great.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675

I like that song I Do It For You from Robin Hood....

oh wait wasn't that Bryan Adams.....
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
    come pick me up off heartbreaker. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    ryan's amazing, love the song, love him, he's totally my gay-for-a-day
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • jammerfalljammerfall Posts: 908

His "Rock N Roll" cd kills!
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
  • BlyssBlyss Posts: 166
    I love La Cienga........i think i've dated one or two of her in my lifetime. awesome song.

And people say he's hit or miss live......but check out how rediculously good "touch, feel, lose" is in this clip.......at the 2:30 mark he's almost channeling Janis Joplin.......its wild.

that was a great clip, i love even more the ones from jamaica of the dvd awesome. Loved gold too. I am a huge huge fan of his but must admit some of his albums are patchy and i think if he stopped releasing so much stuff he could put together one killer album, i mean even jeff buckley i.m.o has some average songs and some that are beyond amazing.
  • larslars Posts: 524
    ryan adams....so sad and boring
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    lars wrote:
    ryan adams....so sad and boring

Why would you post that? The thread is clearly not a debate on who likes him and who doesn't. Keep your hating/pointless comments to yourself.
    Cock Fight.
  • KellerKeller Posts: 177

Awesome video. I saw him live 4 times. 3 were great shows... probaly in my top 5 shows i ever saw. The one show was horrible. He played maybe 5 songs got really pissed and stormed off the stage.
    "Be what you want to be, see what you came to see"
  • larslars Posts: 524
    Tek Money wrote:
    Why would you post that? The thread is clearly not a debate on who likes him and who doesn't. Keep your hating/pointless comments to yourself.
    Idiot....read the first post. "any thoughts on the song or artist?" If you can´t take the heat fuck off
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    jordn6971 wrote:
    I like that song I Do It For You from Robin Hood....

oh wait wasn't that Bryan Adams.....

Hahaha... I don't really know why that made me laugh... maybe because my brother and I make fun of Ryan Adams by mistaking him for Bryan Adams.

Either way, I've been putting Ryan Adams into a more heavy rotation of what I listen to. He kind of reminds me of David Gray.
    If I could, think I would give in.
    Hahaha... I don't really know why that made me laugh... maybe because my brother and I make fun of Ryan Adams by mistaking him for Bryan Adams.

Either way, I've been putting Ryan Adams into a more heavy rotation of what I listen to. He kind of reminds me of David Gray.

you know they share the same birthday.

and not only that, the song from Robin Hood by Bryan Adams is called (everything i do) i do it for you and ryan adams did a song while in whiskeytown called everything i do.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • biffy clyrobiffy clyro Posts: 148
    Ryan Adams is a fuckin' genius,"la cienga just smiled" is my feeling sorry for myself song(along side perfect sonnet,by bright eyes),it just pulls on the heart strings.

"come pick me up",there is another great tune,america's best living solo artist.
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    you know they share the same birthday.

and not only that, the song from Robin Hood by Bryan Adams is called (everything i do) i do it for you and ryan adams did a song while in whiskeytown called everything i do.

Haha, that's awesome. Bryan Adams... I just remember one day when we were in Best Buy... my brother's like, "Oh, Ryan Adams has a new cd!?!!" and I was like, "Dude, that says Bryan Adams."... and for some reason, we just laughed uncontrollably... maybe because the name Bryan Adams just sounds so funny compared to Ryan Adams... ack, I have weak humor.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • RushlimboRushlimbo Posts: 832
    lars wrote:
    Idiot....read the first post. "any thoughts on the song or artist?" If you can´t take the heat fuck off

A redneck couldnt have said it better. How ya doing , son?
    War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength