Feist

bossman3188bossman3188 Posts: 263
edited August 2007 in Other Music
I heard this girl perform on Letterman a song called "1234". It was very catchy. anyone know about this artist?
there'll be time for laughin'
there's no time to cry
soon i will be leavin'
look me in the eye
no matter what's in front of me
it's your face that i'll see
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    i don't know much aside from the fact that she's pretty awesome. she's also a member of the broken social scene...amazing also :)
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • emily18emily18 Posts: 489
    her style isn't really my cup of tea but she has one hell of a great voice.
    she's opening for elvis costello next week and me and a couple of friends might volunteer there, so hey i might even see her in concert :)
  • She is from Canada :D
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i just finished watch letterman a few minutes ago....and now it's in my head until i go to sleep....:eek:....every time i hear it on sirius this happens......it's almost too catchy........over and over in my head now....."ohhhh oh oh"....:D
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    I have some friends that are pretty into her... I dont mind some of her stuff.. she's in the band Broken Social Scene and has a few solo albums out... she's Canadian
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    My old roommate loved her... drug me to one of her concerts at the House of Blues, and it wasn't that bad! She's got some catchy stuff on her Let it Die album.
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    She's awesome. The more I listen to "The Reminder", the more I like it.

My favorite tracks are I Feel It All, 1234, and My Moon, My Man.

Also, search You Tube for her performance of "I Feel It All" on Jimmy Kimmel Live. She actually performed it on a bus.
  • Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    Loved that performance on Letterman. Carl Newman, and a few members from the National. There were a lot of other musicians helping her out in the background. I love to see that.

I'm not huge on Feist. It gets dull sometimes. But I like a few songs here and there.
    Cock Fight.
  • mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    i saw her sun night
    http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2007/08/revenge_of_the.html#more

and met her after the show

she couldn't have been cooler

she reminds me a lot of chan marshall
    wish she played full set
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows