Axl sings Dont Cry first time in 14 years

immortality_13immortality_13 Posts: 232
edited July 2007 in Other Music
show in Japan over the weekend after Paradise City Bumblefoot played the dont cry solo and Axl joined in, apparantly he was almost in tears.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FCACJ0MI
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    gnr is touring?
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Shannon Hoon always outshined Axl
  • obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    How is that Slash looks exactly the same as he did 15 years ago, but Axl looks like his Father?
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • RushlimboRushlimbo Posts: 832
    obiwon76 wrote:
    How is that Slash looks exactly the same as he did 15 years ago, but Axl looks like his Father?

lol. Very true.
    War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    obiwon76 wrote:

Slash is younger however Slash has been drinking most of his life and you can tell when SLash pulls his hair away from his face.
  • NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    I still dont understand what Axl is trying to do here... this is NOT Guns N Roses touring no matter what he wants to call the band... this is a shitty immitation.

Back when GNR were a band... they could have ruled the world... but this narcacistic ass-munch Axl Rose, goes and tosses all that away...

Hey... now I am a much bigger Pearl Jam fan since I dont have GNR dates to look forward too :-)
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    NYbenben wrote:
    I still dont understand what Axl is trying to do here... this is NOT Guns N Roses touring no matter what he wants to call the band... this is a shitty immitation.

Back when GNR were a band... they could have ruled the world... but this narcacistic ass-munch Axl Rose, goes and tosses all that away...

Hey... now I am a much bigger Pearl Jam fan since I dont have GNR dates to look forward too :-)

Understandable opinion, and I still share yours that he should never have kept that GNR name. He should have went solo ala Ozzy. But, what you get, and what he's trying to do is give you a concert with all of the GNR favorites, except other musicians are playing the instruments - but that fucking guy is still the one singing - and no matter what anyone says - NO ONE CAN SING LIKE THAT - So it still works to an extent.
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
    DCGARDEN wrote:
    Understandable opinion, and I still share yours that he should never have kept that GNR name. He should have went solo ala Ozzy. But, what you get, and what he's trying to do is give you a concert with all of the GNR favorites, except other musicians are playing the instruments - but that fucking guy is still the one singing - and no matter what anyone says - NO ONE CAN SING LIKE THAT - So it still works to an extent.

Do you really think he sounds like he did back when they came out? I think the funny thing as well is that he is still making crowds wait till 10:30- 11pm tom come out onstage... He really thinks he is still on top of the world... GNR has played NYC once or twice recently, and i honestly had NO interest in seeing them... I may have been interested if he just toured as Axl Rose (but not really)... Chris Cornell isnt still touring as Soundgarden...(and he ROCKED OUT)
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

• PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    Yet...here's a guy who hasn't released an album in nearly 15 years and he still holds our attention.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
    Yet...here's a guy who hasn't released an album in nearly 15 years and he still holds our attention.

PBM

Touche'

• Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    The reason Axl's always late is because he's a manic depressive and he suffers from stage fright. He's not exactly the egomaniac that people make him out to be. The reason people still care about Axl is because he's still one of the best songwriters and frontmen in music history. I can't wait for the day when he lets the music do the talking. All the haters will be kissing Axl's ass if he releases "Chinese Democracy". From what I've heard of the leaks I would say that Axl's sitting on the best album of the decade. Supposedly the band is going to set up the release of the album after their current tour finishes on Saturday. Hopefully we'll get the album this year as music has sucked for far too long, and it's time for W. Axl Rose to come out of hiding and give music the kick in the ass, like he did 20 years ago with "Appetite For Destruction".
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=dLeGwjG4RNc
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=iGHulvwZiAo
    Matty Boy wrote:
    Supposedly the band is going to set up the release of the album after their current tour finishes on Saturday

To quote Cher (and no pun intended):

"If I'd dug his grave every time one of you geniuses told me he was gonna die, I'd be eating fuckin' chop suey in China by now"

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Matty Boy wrote:
    The reason Axl's always late is because he's a manic depressive and he suffers from stage fright. He's not exactly the egomaniac that people make him out to be. The reason people still care about Axl is because he's still one of the best songwriters and frontmen in music history. I can't wait for the day when he lets the music do the talking. All the haters will be kissing Axl's ass if he releases "Chinese Democracy". From what I've heard of the leaks I would say that Axl's sitting on the best album of the decade. Supposedly the band is going to set up the release of the album after their current tour finishes on Saturday. Hopefully we'll get the album this year as music has sucked for far too long, and it's time for W. Axl Rose to come out of hiding and give music the kick in the ass, like he did 20 years ago with "Appetite For Destruction".

Matty boy, your optimism is admirable, but I don't share it with regards to the release of this thing.

I do share your opinions on Axl and I do think the album will be truly fantastic, but about a year ago, those tunes leaked, they were touring successfully, even Izzy was jamming with them, I was SURE he was ready then, but now, I don't know. I just don't see it happening. I'll be first on line to buy this thing if and when it does come out.......I'll bring my social securtiy check to pay for it.
    I'll keep taking punches
  • Don't Cry is an incredible song. I'd been checking in on the setlists from this tour and the past tours, but didn't know Don't Cry wasn't played. I can see how it would be emotional.

I'm looking forward to Chinese Democracy, but I'm trying to temper my expectations. GNR was my all-time favorite band before PJ took over. I heard most of the leaks, and love There Was A Time. The version of Madagascar I have is rough, but it could sound great if it's cleaned up. The rest is so-so.
    May your days be long, til kingdom come.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
    He's almost run out of Countries he can play without an album at this point. He could still play South America but that's about it. If he announces another tour, after this tour finishes next Saturday, than I'd say it's all over as far as "Chinese Democracy" is concerned, but we'll see what happens. You, me, and millions of other people will buy this fucking album if it ever comes out though. Hopefully "Sorry" and "Prostitute" will leak next.
  • Matty Boy wrote:
    He's almost run out of Countries he can play without an album at this point. He could still play South America but that's about it. If he announces another tour, after this tour finishes next Saturday, than I'd say it's all over as far as "Chinese Democracy" is concerned, but we'll see what happens. You, me, and millions of other people will buy this fucking album if it ever comes out though. Hopefully "Sorry" and "Prostitute" will leak next.

What have you heard? I think I've heard everything everyone else has:

Better - The second half isn't as good as the first.
    Chinese Democracy - Not bad.
    I.R.S. - Meh.
    Madagascar - I have a rough version. A polished version would be great.
    The Blues - Meh.
    There Was A Time - My fav leak. Awesome.

I.R.S. - Meh.

Really? I thought this was a standout track from the first time I heard it.

PBM

• Really? I thought this was a standout track from the first time I heard it.

PBM

Yeah, it just doesn't do much for me.

What have you heard?

What have you heard?

Most of what you have listed.

I've always said that Madagascar was very epic...much like Civil War.

PBM

Madagascar , The Blues, And There Was A Time Sound Like Use Your Illusion Type Of Stuff - Which Is Cool, Because I Love Those Albums

Irs Is A Cool , Basic Riff Tune

Chinese Democracy I Like The Studio Version Much More Than The Live

Catcher In The Rye , I'm Sure Would Be A Hit, But I Don't Much Care For It

Better - Is A Great Song And Sounds Unlike Anything Gnr Has Done In The Past
    I'll keep taking punches
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388

PBM
    Brilliant!!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    Here's Don't Cry on youtube. http://youtube.com/watch?v=j3JOo2dSNOY

IRS is fucking killer live. People need to remember that the leaks we've heard are just unfinished demos. By the way, I think the TWAT outro solo that Bucket does, is one of the best fucking solos I've ever heard, and easily the best solo of this decade. I'm glad that Axl's not just trying to recycle the old GnR sound. Look at Velvet Revolver, they're making fucking crap music. If Slash brought "She Builds Quick Machines" to Axl, Axl would just laugh at him and refuse to record it. Axl should have gone under his own name like Ozzy did, but Axl was smart and knew that if he used the GnR name, the record company would give him a shitload of money to record an album with. Axl's assembled an awesome new band and I can't wait to finally hear Axl's grandiose vision.
  • godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    Matty Boy wrote:
    if he used the GnR name, the record company would give him a shitload of money to record an album with.

sorta like Billy Corgan, eh?
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Matty Boy wrote:

Wow, that 'better' song is horrible, especially at the 3:20 & 3:50 marks. Actually the whole song sucks). Even 'Help Help' sounds good compared to this. What's up with the wanker screams and Bon Jovi guitar work? Fucking disgrace. Axl ruined one of the best bands of all time.
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    Really? I thought this was a standout track from the first time I heard it.

PBM

IRS is one of my least favorite of the new tracks, I did think it sounded better live.
    Wow, What's up with the wanker screams and Bon Jovi guitar work? Fucking disgrace. Axl ruined one of the best bands of all time.

You sir, should be forced to have a badger lick peanut butter off of your balls for suggesting that anything Axl sings on even sounds remotely like Bon Jovi.

Better is a great song, and the part you rip to shreds is fantastic
    I'll keep taking punches
    Wow, that 'better' song is horrible, especially at the 3:20 & 3:50 marks. Actually the whole song sucks). Even 'Help Help' sounds good compared to this. What's up with the wanker screams and Bon Jovi guitar work? Fucking disgrace. Axl ruined one of the best bands of all time.

I think it's a great fucking tune but it's a definite departure from the sound of the old band. Old mullet heads will hate "Better" but Axl will gain a lot of new fans with this song.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    The 'Don't Cry' solo was awesome when I saw them last November. One of the highlights of the night... I really didn't miss the singing at all.

By the way, this is still the best and most exciting version of "Better" I've heard yet...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=v3KyMQdhDkc

It hooked me from the first time I heard it. But anyway, as much as I like the new GNR, to say that they're a better band then Velvet Revolver is BS. VR is superior in every way except for songwriting... Scott Weiland could never really write great lyrics like Axl sometimes can. But everything else- musicianship, excitement, chemistry, quality of songs- is all better in VR.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win