30 seconds to mars

mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
edited March 2007 in Other Music
A friend of mine was playing a song from their latest album today and it sounded really good. Any one else have any input on them.
"When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    id like to input something into leto's ass so he could never get on stage again. they opened for incubus in 2002, sucked. they opened for audioslave 2005, got booed, then leto told the crowd we sucked and fingered us and walked off like a spoiled actor rocker would! i do not think very highly of this band.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i liked them until i really listened to them. then i went and watched 'fight club' just to see leto get his arse kicked.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • I was surprised seeing Jared Leto singing, hehe. He is not so bad (for an actor), but I'm not really impressed with the band. It seems that they put more efford into their looks and movement than music (I saw one concert on video).
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    The first album is really good, not so much into the second one.
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • I liked them at first but then I started listening to them and they arn't so great. Leto's alright in Panic Room

7/02/06 Denver
    12/02/06 Honolulu
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Godawful. I tried to listen with an open mind and I achieved that, it's not my fault they are poo.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Utter shite.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • only heard them on the radio a few times but don't have the nickleback/creed sort of hate for them yet
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • horrible live, singer acted like a jerk. songs i've heard on the radio are boring and certainly don't inspire me to get their album. now that i know who the singer is, i just think of ed norton fucking him up on fight club when i hear them.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    this band sucks. the video for their song "the kill" was sort of cool but, again, this band really sucks.
  • i'm gonna go against the grain here and say that they're alright. I bought their latest album. I've heard they suck live but i haven't seen them so i can't really comment on that. They're alright though.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    i actually like this band. They did impressed me when they opened up for Audioslave. At first I thought, 'oh great, not another actor who wants to sing' but Jared actually did a good job. The band impressed me and my friend. Now, Seether, that was a band I couldn't get into when they played after them.
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    I don't think i have ever heard their "music". doesn't sound too promising to seek it out either!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • IlovveePJIlovveePJ Posts: 145
    They wont be around for long....
    Cincinnati. 6.24.06 Portland. 7.20.06 Gorge I. 7.22.06 London. 6.18.07
    Lollapalooza. 8.5.07 West Palm Beach. 6.11.08 Bonnaroo. 6.14.08
    Hartford. Mansfield.

www.myspace.com/lkatmeimsandrab
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    all image, no talent, just another crappy band that's on the radio.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • alycealyce Posts: 4
    edited November 2020
     B) 
    Post edited by alyce on
  • WyteFyre wrote:
    When you all say that 30 Seconds To Mars sucks, you are not being fair and haven't given them a chance. I got into them last year and now they are my favorite current band. The members are all excellent musicians and entertainers.

Um, I'm sure a lot of them did give the band a chance and just don't dig the music... let it go, we have Pearl Jam standards. I think the band is allright from the few songs I have heard, maybe I'll spin an album of theirs one day.
  • alycealyce Posts: 4
    edited November 2020
    B)
    Post edited by alyce on
  • SLH916SLH916 Posts: 132
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    i actually like this band. They did impressed me when they opened up for Audioslave. At first I thought, 'oh great, not another actor who wants to sing' but Jared actually did a good job. The band impressed me and my friend. Now, Seether, that was a band I couldn't get into when they played after them.

Independent of whether you like the music or not, Seether is better live than 30 Seconds to Mars. Do you disagree?
  • pjfan020 wrote:
    all image, no talent, just another crappy band that's on the radio.
    I agree 100%. They seem more concerned with being rock stars and looking the part than actually performing. Anybody I know who has seen the band says that Jared is always insulting the crowd. I've seen and read interviews with Jared Leto and he's so into himself, it's ridiculous. Regardless of their "image" or Jared's volatile personality, I can't stand the music. I'd rather change my radio to an easy listening adult contemporary channel.

Jimmy Kimmel seems to agree. :)

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03122007/gossip/pagesix/too_self_satisfied_pagesix_.htm

March 12, 2007 -- ADD Jimmy Kimmel to the list of people who really can't stand eyeliner-loving Jared Leto. The late-night show host told Stuff magazine he'd rather not welcome Leto back as a guest. When asked if Kimmel ever had to hide his disdain for a guest, he chose the actor/rocker. "He was so insufferably satisfied with himself that I wanted to strangle him," said Kimmel. It's not hard to see why Stuff voted the comedian, "The Biggest Bad-Ass on TV."
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • coachchriscoachchris Posts: 749
    I'm not a huge fan of the music myself but it's not terrible either. I've seen them on the Auidoslave tour and thought they did alright. Leto stage dove into the crowd here and then sang on the floor amidst the fans. It was actually a pretty sweet move. My wife and I just came back from Vegas a couple weeks ago and saw them on an overpass between the MGM and the Tropicana. I noticed Leto and stopped to talk to him. He was very down to earth and genuinely a nice guy. I very well might have caught him on a "good day" but my only interaction with him was a positive one.

IMO Queens of the Stone Age is a band that I feel has little to no respect for the people in attendance at a concert.
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • jared leto was a complete ass at the audioslave concert in OKC, but i really don't care about that. their music just sucked. the guitar sound was just a blur of distortion - no distiction at all. sometimes leto would hold a guitar. he didn't actually play it, but he prob liked the way it looked on him. lol
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    MeddleDeal wrote:

i agree with everything. although they weren't that bad live, i wasn't too into them yet...and yes, they were much better than seether......oh god what a band...

this reminds me, i have to go download the old album...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    I thought I read somewhere he originally really only wanted to be a musician but was talked into acting. I think he does fine as an actor. I don't turn off 30stm when they come on the radio, but I don't see myself purchasing their cd's anytime soon. I have heard worse, though.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?