**Jewel**pieces of you.

elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
edited May 2006 in Other Music
ok, so last night I put this record on for the first time in literally years. What a totally beautiful sexy alluring voice she has/had. Real homely lilting acoustic album, over in england she was something of a find for me(got it bout...10yrs ago). I dont think she was popular over here but can remember hearing a song on mtv. What happened to her? Is this a lowly admission on mym part? I think she went all poppy and fucked up---is this true? is she still recording? been meaning to look in a record shop but keeps slipping my mind.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    never owned any of her cds but I enjoy all the singles she has put out so far..even the poppy ones.
    She actually just released her new album "Goodbye Alice in Wonderland" earlier this month..same day as the new PJ i think.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Barely AliveBarely Alive Posts: 1,271
    Now Jewel kicks ass! Her setlist changes 75% from show to show, she gives away tickets to free shows, lets her fans have dibs on the best tickets, and the bootlegs are awesome ways to relive the great shows I went to!
    We should start a message board called The Snaggletooth Forums or something.
  • NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    I admit it. I own it. Haven't listened to it in years myself. I remember it being a great rainy day record though. There was something very sexy and mysterious about her voice...

I saw the new video the other day - a song called "Again and Again" - sounds like she's gone back to doing what she does best - folksy pop. She's hot in the video - tooth and all.
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    never owned any of her cds but I enjoy all the singles she has put out so far..even the poppy ones.
    She actually just released her new album "Goodbye Alice in Wonderland" earlier this month..same day as the new PJ i think.
    really?, never heard much bout her...........not sure if I could dig her without the intimate sound of the debut but am curious to hear.........never been much into female vocalists but like PJ harvey, lisa germano(only some of her work),garbage, oh and Shakira but music isnt really the issue there(hmmm)
    Now Jewel kicks ass! Her setlist changes 75% from show to show, she gives away tickets to free shows, lets her fans have dibs on the best tickets, and the bootlegs are awesome ways to relive the great shows I went to!
    We should start a message board called The Snaggletooth Forums or something.
    whats the referance to her tooth? I guess shes pretty big in the states, can remember a sopranos episode where they rob the gate at a charity concert shes performing(she doesnt appear)
  • grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    **end The Madness**
    take your money and your drugs.
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    I'm a big Jewel fan.

:D

;)
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    lol..Jewel's tooth is so hot!
    well shes just really hot to me
    speaking of Garbage..Shirley is working on a solo album now.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    If we really want to talk about favorite female vocalists: Kathleen Edwards
    jewel performed at an event at my place of employment this week. she was also on conan last night.

henceforth there shant be any more jewel speak.
    I remember thinking she was pretty, liked the smooth beaky nose(love roman noses on a woman). Though now I dont have the cd inner booklet anymore. Back in 95,96whatever I went to stay for a few days at my nans and took a few cds with me, well I must have been browsing the booklet one night and left it out, Next day nan clears room out and subsequently its never seen again! She probably didnt realize what the slip was, maybe suspecting me me of having a good ol'josh with it.
    Whats with her teeth, eh???
    Oh another good female is Martina Topley-Bird, her solo album Quixotic is quite nice. For those who dont know, shes the vocalist with Tricky, most notably the chanteuse from his maxinquaye album(a personal fav of mine).
    Hottest female is still Shakira tho.
    Oh and tho some dont approve of this Jewel talk, please let not a mention for A****is M******ette.
    grace6697 wrote:
    jewel performed at an event at my place of employment this week. she was also on conan last night.

henceforth there shant be any more jewel speak.
    whats you place of employment?
  • Barely AliveBarely Alive Posts: 1,271
    Grace, please tell us what she was like in person.
    elmer wrote:
    whats you place of employment?

i work for a museum in nyc.

Grace, please tell us what she was like in person.

go to hell, my love. :)
    grace6697 wrote:
    i work for a museum in nyc.
    was the show a painful experience for you then?

Just looked at amazon and shes released plenty of records since, their sales are barely comparable with that of her debut but then again neither was pj's.
    I think that she'd be sexy even if she was ugly with that voice
  • Blue11Blue11 Posts: 200
    Pieces of You is a very good album...I have all of her studio releases actually...and that one stands out from the rest...partly because of how raw some of the songs sound and overall appeal of the album
    Spirit is a good follow up but didn't really do it for me until the 5th time I listened to it...her new album is very good....I like it a lot...Not a lot of people I know liked her bubblegum pop album "0304"...I like it..very diffferent from what she has done...
    Sadly, I have yet to get the chance on seeing her live...I would really love to... I'm looking for the next time she's around my neck of the woods and I'll definitely go for sure
    " All the stars in the sky, thought you were up in mine
    Still I wonder, I wonder......" "Black" tag 09-16-2005 Ottawa

Toronto 2003, Kitchener 2005, Montreal 2005, Ottawa 2005, Toronto II 2006, Albany 2006, Hartford 2006, Camden I 2008, Camden II 2008, Washington, D.C. 2008, Toronto 2009, Chicago I 2009, Columbus 2010, Noblesville, 2010
  • elstongunnelstongunn Posts: 285
    there's a disk called 'save the linoleum' with a song called 'god's gift to women'
    or something. very good F you song. she did a good performance on that Katrina benefit where pj played given to fly.
    she's a good musician, just a bad poet:)
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
    elstongunn wrote:
    there's a disk called 'save the linoleum' with a song called 'god's gift to women'
    or something. very good F you song. she did a good performance on that Katrina benefit where pj played given to fly.
    she's a good musician, just a bad poet:)
    some of her lyrics are mawkish, theres one about a guy called adrian who has an accident on a canoe. Played it to a mate once and he just cracked up.............in some ways Id prefer it if she was singing in a foreign language
  • elmer wrote:
    ok, so last night I put this record on for the first time in literally years. What a totally beautiful sexy alluring voice she has/had. Real homely lilting acoustic album, over in england she was something of a find for me(got it bout...10yrs ago). I dont think she was popular over here but can remember hearing a song on mtv. What happened to her? Is this a lowly admission on mym part? I think she went all poppy and fucked up---is this true? is she still recording? been meaning to look in a record shop but keeps slipping my mind.

I own all of her albums except the last one and the new one because, how did you put it? Oh yes "she went all poppy and fucked up". She does a woman's razor commercial now Shick "Intuition"

The new one I am hoping is more like the old stuff it's called "goodbye alice in wonderland" doesn't sound very original but maybe she's shroom trippin now and maybe rocks out haha

http://www.jeweljk.com/
    sorry bout this, me fukd up
    I own all of her albums except the last one and the new one because, how did you put it? Oh yes "she went all poppy and fucked up". She does a woman's razor commercial now Shick "Intuition"

The new one I am hoping is more like the old stuff it's called "goodbye alice in wonderland" doesn't sound very original but maybe she's shroom trippin now and maybe rocks out haha

http://www.jeweljk.com/
    thanks for the link, heard a few songs that are available. She took her tunes into a direction thats so ordinary, tho theres only a few to hear. The latest album sounds the best, think she places too much on her looks what with the album cover. Next time your in london bring a few of her albums for me to listen to and judge fully, okey dokey baby.
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    the question is:

'Who will save your soul if you won't save your own?'
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute