Options

**tricky**

elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
edited May 2006 in Other Music
ok so I did this once before but got a slightly muted response, though was surprised by even the few responses. Anyway then i was trying to find out opinions about albums he's put out that I hadnt heard. Well, other than juxtaposion Ive got em all now. For me nothing touches Maxinquaye but Blowback is pretty top..............heard that he did a tour with Tool and even came on to sing some of their songs(if that s what they are, to me they sound something akin to an explosion in a bomb making factory). Also got the Martina Topley-Bird album which was quite good. Think that Vulnerable was a frustrating album, too much of that Italian woman kinda grated on me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    offhegoes09offhegoes09 Posts: 327
    I saw them open for Tool a few years back and was mildly impressed. Don't know a thing about Tricky aside from those 3 shows... Sorry I couldn't be more help.
    "The whole world will be different soon"
  • Options
    Irish_lolaIrish_lola Posts: 14
    Maxinquaye is up there in my top 5 favourite albums, it just has everything (including Alison Goldfrapp!) but I found it kind of hard to stick with Tricky after Pre-Millennium Tension, he just seemed to go off into his own little paranoid weed world, although I'm prepared to have my mind changed.

I saw a French film last year and he had decent sized role in it. Played himself rather well :) Think it was called Clean. Anyone else see it?