Flamenco & Spanish/Latin music ????

elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
edited February 2007 in Other Music
Having recently heard Rodrigo y Gabriela Im looking for anything similiar, generally based around the spanish guitar,with or without vocals. welcome any variable suggestions
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Gipsy Kings!!! :d
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • SathogwaSathogwa Posts: 227
    I love Rodrigo y Gabriela! Their sound reminds me a LOT of Strunz and Farah. If you like R y G, you will surely like Strunz and Farah also. Another artist who is similar is Oscar Lopez. He does some songs that are as powerful as Rodrigo y Gabriela. At the end of some of them you are feel like are out of breath! Also, if you like mind blowing, have to sit down, jaw dropping flamenco guitar, check out the Paco de Lucia, John McLaughlin, and Al DiMeola album, Friday night in San Francisco. It is worth it for the first song alone, which is absolutley devastating.
    Sleep on horseback
    Far moon in a continuing dream
    Steam of roasting tea

--Basho
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    Alejandro sanz is from spain, and he´s an amazing songwriter too, he has some good flamenco guitar songs...
  • i love flamenco music. paco de lucia is an amazing guitarist, saw him live a couple years ago....check his stuff out
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    well course I know the Gypsy Kings, have heard of Paco de Lucia only recently but gonna check him and the others out