Elvis Costello

elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
edited March 2007 in Other Music
there must be a few fans among you

been listening to When I Was Cruel, like I mean really listened to it for the first time...............given a selection of music over xmas and this was one recommended as a friends personal favourite. A few years ago I wasnt all that into Armed Forces but got Imperial Bedroom so after a quick flick through the songs its layed on a shelf until this week.............what an album.

he has so many albums that as with N Young& T Waits its hard to know where to go next. I have also got his 2004 monkeyman (?) album but that seems to be on a different verve. although I havent given that a full listen to yet so
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    the only elvis i care about.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • SLH916SLH916 Posts: 132
    Armed Forces got me into Elvis Costello. Every song on there is great but my favorite is OLIVER'S ARMY.

I have a lot of his more recent stuff. He has really tried to develop his singing, but he doesn't have the instrument to quite pull it off I think.

Do you have This Year's Model?
  • larslars Posts: 524
    Elvis costello was cool as a stand-in for david letterman when he was sick. Elvis did a great job!
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    the only elvis i care about.
    same here.

I am going to suggest Blood & Chocolate. Why?

I Want You. No other song sends chills down my spine for 6:44.

"I might as well be useless for all it means to you....."
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    My Aim Is True, Punch The Clock

Fucking classics, I love the guy even if I haven't totally forgiven him for abandoning the minimalist urgency of his first few releases.
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • "This Year's Model" is the best Costello album.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-