The no-more-CHRIS CORNELL-threads Thread

elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
edited July 2007 in Other Music
what is it with him? hasnt he got his own forum where you can adore him? why the continuous new threads when there are already 7or8? is this representative of his fanbase in general? do you all have to go first?

his songwriting has never got back to the Badmotorfinger,Superunknown days, audioslave were just silly apart fron the opening 2tracks from their debut. Morello in his latest solo front is deeply uninteresting, beating the same drum that old Zack did(does?), beating it for whom?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• No more "No More Chris Cornell" threads.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    No more "No More Chris Cornell" threads.

i agree. more fuckers are making "no more cornell" threads than positive cornell threads. why does it bother you so much? just fucking ignore them. all it is, is a simple link on a page. ignore it and don't click it. seriously, if we want to talk about cornell we will. regardless of all the bitching
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    See this thread just makes me want to make another Cornell thread. If it's that much of a problem for you, try starting a thread on a band or artist you do like, rather than starting ANOTHER thread about the very person you don't want to read about. Fool!
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    No more "No More Chris Cornell" threads.
    theres already been one with that name. how prudish of you
  • elmer wrote:
    theres already been one with that name. how prudish of you

At least I didn't start a whole new Cornell thread to say it.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Going tonight!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    yeh

if you dont like them dont fucking click on them

if you dont like them dont start another fucking thread

if you dont like the guy then at least recognize he has some talent

and if you didn't realise.. he only made an album with pearl jam so do expect some talk...

and also people who wernt around in the 90s to see SG get to see cornell.. so everyone is mega pumped to hear stuff from TOTD-Carry on...

does it harm you looking at cornell threads? if you dont like just move you eyes down or wherever to the next thread.

yeh im with these guys......
    i agree. more fuckers are making "no more cornell" threads than positive cornell threads. why does it bother you so much? just fucking ignore them. all it is, is a simple link on a page. ignore it and don't click it. seriously, if we want to talk about cornell we will. regardless of all the bitching
    See this thread just makes me want to make another Cornell thread. If it's that much of a problem for you, try starting a thread on a band or artist you do like, rather than starting ANOTHER thread about the very person you don't want to read about. Fool!
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,702
    Danimal wrote:
    Going tonight!
    Moi aussi
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • I´m really tired of this man, I love Soundgarden, even Euphoria Morning is one of my favorite disc, but his last cd seems like a new Bon Jovi cd
    ...can´t wear my mask, your first my last...
    I´m really tired of this man, I love Soundgarden, even Euphoria Morning is one of my favorite disc, but his last cd seems like a new Bon Jovi cd

No it doesn't! I'm not much of a fan of Carry On either, but Bon Jovi?! Sounds NOTHING like it.
  • I´m really tired of this man, I love Soundgarden, even Euphoria Morning is one of my favorite disc, but his last cd seems like a new Bon Jovi cd

What's wrong with Bon Jovi?:D
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    For all the people who are fucked off at the Cornell threads:
    1) Don't open them, I know this seems like an impossible hill to climb over but just try it
    2) Ever try looking at anything othere than page 1 of other music or maybe making a thread of your own about music you wanna talk about?

Seriously, this whole I love Cornell/I hate Cornell bullshit is getting annoying, its only so long before the mods get involved so can we please grow up?
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • bryn_cmbsbryn_cmbs Posts: 407
    elmer wrote:
    what is it with him? hasnt he got his own forum where you can adore him? why the continuous new threads when there are already 7or8? is this representative of his fanbase in general? do you all have to go first?

his songwriting has never got back to the Badmotorfinger,Superunknown days, audioslave were just silly apart fron the opening 2tracks from their debut. Morello in his latest solo front is deeply uninteresting, beating the same drum that old Zack did(does?), beating it for whom?

Seriously, it seems every time Cornell blows his nose are takes a crap someone post another thread declaring him the Messiah. All these Cornell threads make me sick. I used to halfway like the guy, however all the Cornell fan boys have soured me on his music. And for the record, he has lost his voice, and with his recent antics (*cough* canceling a show to play at a designer jeans party, playing for Wal-Mart *cough*) his integrity.
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    If you dont like cornell threads then just post in other threads to keep them high up on the board, dont post in cornell threads and certainly dont start them. Simple.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Binaural wrote:
    For all the people who are fucked off at the Cornell threads:
    1) Don't open them, I know this seems like an impossible hill to climb over but just try it
    2) Ever try looking at anything othere than page 1 of other music or maybe making a thread of your own about music you wanna talk about?

Seriously, this whole I love Cornell/I hate Cornell bullshit is getting annoying, its only so long before the mods get involved so can we please grow up?

yeh it is bullshit and people do need to grow up!
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    bryn_cmbs wrote:
    Seriously, it seems every time Cornell blows his nose are takes a crap someone post another thread declaring him the Messiah. All these Cornell threads make me sick. I used to halfway like the guy, however all the Cornell fan boys have soured me on his music. And for the record, he has lost his voice, and with his recent antics (*cough* canceling a show to play at a designer jeans party, playing for Wal-Mart *cough*) his integrity.

Did he JUST TAKE A CRAP? Can you buy it on Ebay?
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

bryn_cmbs wrote:
    And for the record, he has lost his voice

See you seriously damage your case when you come up with stuff like that, the turn around in his voice since Audioslave broke up, is nothing short of miraculous. I can only presume you haven't heard any of a number of recent performances of Say Hello 2 Heaven or Slaves and Bulldozers, which he absolutely nails.
  • bryn_cmbsbryn_cmbs Posts: 407
    bryn_cmbs wrote:
    And for the record, he has lost his voicequote]

See you seriously damage your case when you come up with stuff like that, the turn around in his voice since Audioslave broke up, is nothing short of miraculous. I can only presume you haven't heard any of a number of recent performances of Say Hello 2 Heaven or Slaves and Bulldozers, which he absolutely nails.

The only nails are the one's going in his career's coffin. H's done.
  • bryn_cmbs wrote:

The only nails are the one's going in his career's coffin. H's done.

Well, now that you've said it, I guess Cornell may as well stop even trying. :rolleyes:
  • awright.

I am going to start 2 Chris Cornell threads every time someone starts a "No More Chris Cornell thread" simple as that.

if you don't want to read them dont click them - they will fade to the bottom and other music topics will rise to the top.

this is a whole bunch of fuckery to claim he has no voice or to question his craft based on your opinion of his PERSONALITY...yeah, what a douche - he played a jeans party. too bad y'all didn't get to hear his Slaves and Bulldozers. :D spot on.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • CornishManCornishMan Posts: 447
    I don't think there are enough CC threads! :D In fact there should be an entire section of the message pit dedicated to all things CC!
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022, Manchester 2024.
  • This is pretty funny because everytime someone starts a thread FOR the man, someone sabotages it and says they hate him. Then when someone starts a thread against him, someone else sabotages it and says they like him. So another thread is started up for him and so on... Lol
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    yeah, try starting a thread on a band or artist you do like and be swallowed up amid the relentless cornell plugging.

Im just accepting, thats all.......theres no conceivable way to remove his mention from this board so Id rather have some comic relief with negativity.

I accept he has recorded some classics, even in album terms and his voice is special but having heard the Live in sweden album I know how bland some of his songs are.

also he is very aware of his image and the audioslave vidoes were just plain embarrasing.

rock&roll.
    deal with it.